Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
T
Portable Panic Button Needed!
alarm
product-request
My wife had a stroke. Unfortunatly, I must still go to work. I purchased the 2nd generation keypad to put next to the couch so she has access to the emergency buttons. That will only work if she is sitting on the couch. I looked at the panic button and decided that would be useful for a desk or bedside situation. I would like to see something light weight, chargable, and portable. Necklace (like Life Alert) or a bracelet that has a button that has to be held down to call an ambulance. If the button is activated any Ring users on that account should get an alert that the button has been pressed.

26-10-2020 07:22:05

Responses (11)

R
This is a very good idea, and would certainly make this closer to a more traditional alarm system. Just try to explain to the kids how to set off the panic option and to remember which button to press shows the issue.

16-11-2020 01:23:24

M
Excellant idea I am in the same situation or just be able to a third party button should not be hard to do.

30-11-2020 03:26:49

J
I live with my geriatric in-laws, and we absolutely need a button that was meant to summon specifically medical care. Better: Have two buttons on a panic device. A red shield for PD and a blue + for medical. I'm less worried about needing the police here- we need the paramedics to be able to get here rapidly.

05-04-2021 06:40:45

P
The lack of A panic button is putting me off installing a ring alarm. It should be a standard option

14-04-2021 03:35:43

D
It would be nice for Ring to have an emergency call button pendant or watch like First Alert, or ADT has where a person can wear a device that they can use to call for help in an emergency. It would save the monthly cost of having two systems.

05-12-2022 02:01:19

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User