Poor Night Vision on new Spotlight Cam Battery

Can anyone help or advise as to the poor night vision quality on my new Spotlight Cam Battery? Its awful at night although brilliant in the day. Even turning on the light in the app does not provide any better view. Regards, Andy

Hi @Adhtz21. If possible, can you please share a picture showing how the Spotlight Camera’s view looks at night with the night vision? Once the Ring’s view gets dark enough, the night vision will automatically toggle on to help make the view more clear. If there is outdoor lighting in the Camera’s view, it could prevent the night vision from toggling on which may be what you’re seeing.

Hi Caitlyn, I tried to add the actual recording when posting this item, but the system rejected it.
Please see a screenshot.
Thank you and hoping you can advise.
Regards,
Andy

Adhtz21

Just as a comparison. This is a screenshot of 7pm this evening. Previous is a picture at night time and as is evident nothing can be seen.

@Adhtz21 Thanks for sharing those screenshots here. Is there any moisture or debris on the lens of the Camera? In the second screenshot you shared, the night vision does appear to be on, and then it seems as though the Camera’s view gets fogged up or something is on the lens. Try wiping off the lens with a dry washcloth to ensure nothing is on it.

In addition, I would recommend resetting the Camera by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. Once that’s done, you’ll need to set it back up in the Ring App with the steps under Set Up a Device. A reset helps ensure everything is working properly on the Ring itself, such as the night vision.

Thanks Caitlyn will try it and look tonight. Andy