Play Alarm chirp tones through Chime or Chime Pro

Simple’s, add ability to output Chirps (the sounds made when a Door or Window opens in Disarmed mode) via the Ring Chime so its louder. Also why you’re there a toggle for the keypad. If you really want to be fancy, when the alarm goes off use the Chime for this too?

Personal Reasons:

I know some people hate Chirps but I personally love them.

As a single living in a 3 bed, it’s comforting to know i wont spontaneously get attacked in my living room because someone sneaked in the back door.

Issue is, the base station is in my cellar, and i often listen to loud music. For this reason I have the Ring Chime on its Loudest for the doorbell. But it seems silly to me I can’t select the Chime for Chirp and other outputs too.

1 Like

The Chime needs to work with other devices. It seems like a no brainer that the chime should broadcast the siren for the alarm. It also could play noises for other notifications

1 Like

Hi neighbors, I wanted to chime in and let you know that if you have an Amazon Echo device, you can play the chirps and sirens from your Ring Alarm system through your Amazon Echo devices. You can read more about this feature in our Help Center Article here . Thank you for your continued feedback! :slight_smile:

I agree with the suggestion. Ring chime deserves to be integrated with any ring devices, including ring alarm contact sensors.

1 Like

This is not a solution, Ring is purposely MAKING everyone use an echo device to accomplish the same task. Shame on Amazon and shame on Ring for forcing this on everyone.

1 Like

@Caitlyn_Ring please remove this as a solution. This is not a solve, this is a suggestion to be additional products not maximize basic functionality through existing products.

The team should put the dev work in to add missed functionality on existing products.

1 Like

Hi neighbors. In the Feature Request board, we will mark a reply as the solution if it contains important or useful information, or if there is a completed feature for the request. This allows other neighbors to easily view any relevant information, whether or not there is a completed feature for the request.

When doors are opened and closed, I’d like those audio notifications to be optionally shared with Ring Chime Pro devices as well. When I’m home alone, I’d like to hear “Front Door Open” or “Garage Door Open” as I would those and other notifications from the Alarm Base Station.

Please add this functionality. It makes no sense that an echo device can sound the siren but a Ring device cannot. These devices are already linked to our Ring systems.

1 Like

If the Ring plug-in chimes can play doorbell and motion sounds, should they not also be able to play entry delay sounds that are triggered by the Ring alarm? I want to be able to hear an entry delay throughout my home and if I’m far away from my base station and keypad, I cannot. Having chimes be able to play entry delay sounds would fix that.

The problem with the Amazon Echo solution is that not everybody wants to have an Echo in their home. The thought of a device constantly listening to what is happening in your house with no control over where that data goes is concerning to many folks.

And even then, why should they have to purchase another device if they already have a Chime or Chime Pro where they need it?

The Ring Chime has a nice LOUD speaker on it. Why wouldn’t you have this device capable of being linked to the base station (Linked Devices) to allow it to sound when there is a base station alarm in the same way that your video cameras can do this. You might as well add the same feature to the doorbell as well while you are at it.

I have multiple properties in Ring. Is there a way to set it up so if an alarm goes off, it will produce a noise or sound on the Ring Chime at the other location? The doorbell works and does this, but I can’t get it to work when the actual alarm goes off.

Please let me know if there is a solution. This should be a no-brainer feature to do, but I’m not seeing it.