Pink image

The image on my Ring floodlight is pink. Can this be fixed??

2 Likes

I came here to find out about the same issue - our flood light video suddenly turned pink today…the video from the front door did not change, it’s normal looking

2 Likes

Came for this. Did you find a solution? My floodlight cam turns also pink. Like a intense pink filter on the footage. I have took 2 pictures from the same location. The pink one is from the floodlight. The other one with my phone. On nighttime it turns to normal. Only daytime is the footage pink. Is there any way to contact the ring team directly via mail?

1 Like

The IR Cut Filter is stuck. The filter engages when the ambient light level drops, it is a mechanical component. The only fix I’ve found is to tap on the camera housing with a rubber mallet until the filter retracts and picture corrects.

My floodlight camera started doing this a about 2 months after the warranty expired. I’m looking for a replacement that doesn’t have this problem.

1 Like

Hey neighbors! Thank you for sharing your experiences here and how you have attempted to resolve this concern. This is indeed a result of the IR filter being stuck on the device, and can be adjusted by flashing a bright light into the camera when in the Live View to see if it helps adjust. If this does not help, please press and hold the setup button for 20 seconds on your device to reset it. After this, go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Device in question > Device Health > Change or Reconnect to Wifi. This will take you through another setup of the device, and after the setup is complete, check the Live View to see if this is still happening!

In the event it may still be happening for you, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

2 Likes

No, this seems like it is really just a hardware failure. Even after it is “fixed” I can tap the side of the camera again to bring the pink image back immediately. Whatever mechanism is holding that filter has broken loose. You can see in this video from my Ring account that the pink goes in and out as I am hitting the side of the camera.

3 Likes

I spoke to ring customer service and the solution was to ask me to purchase another one as they could not fix this pink image issue. They offered me a 35% discount code.
This is poor service and not standing behind their product. My cameras are not even 2 years old but warranty of course is only 1 year. How convenient. Checking online seems like an extremely common issue for hundreds if not thousands of ring users which leads me to believe this is a design or manufacturing bug.
I explained that it is unlikely for me to spend more money on a product that will fail and they will just expect me to continue purchasing. Surprise, surprise after complaining about it and asking for a manager the agent asked me for my shipping address and said they will send me a replacement and instructions to return the defective one. We will see but this leaves a bad taste and when they fail again, most likely will switch brands. My brother has had Arlo cameras for years with zero issues.

1 Like

Support team is useless. The girl I spoke to insisted we walk through steps even though this is a common issue. The camera is mounted up on my house, so I wasn’t about to get out the giant ladder and crawl up there to “reset” the device. Plus it’s a huge waste of my time. The first thing they do is have you turn off the color night vision. So even if we get rid of the pink, it is still broken because I can’t use all of the features it is supposed to have. I asked to speak with a manager and she said she doesn’t have a manager. Unacceptable and a total waste of my time.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.