Pets motion alerts

Hi
I have two spotlight wired cameras (2nd Gen). I am receiving motion alerts from small things like birds and cats. The cats are setting off the motion detection in the early hours of the morning. I have the cameras fixed at the recommended height. The motion zones are set correctly and the motion sensitivity is very low. They never used to pick up small objects. What can I do to stop these false alarms and only pick up humans? It’s not very nice being alerted at 2am or 3am by a cat wondering around in the garden.

Hi @f49970fbef67a782094a. Motion detection can be a bit tricky when it comes to animals, as they will likely trigger the motion detection if they’re moving across the Camera’s view. Making adjustments to the Motion Zones and the Motion Sensitivity was a great start for troubleshooting. If you have a Ring Protect plan, you will also have access to the Smart Alerts feature to further refine your motion alerts. This works great for some neighbors, so it may be worth trying that out. You can learn more here. It will take some trial and error to find a combination of settings you like the most, though you may still receive some alerts from animals.