Person only mode faulty

Camera can tell the difference between people and dogs, as it indicates on the timeline as “person” or “motion”. But still sends me notifications when in person only mode.
Please advise.

Hi @RichardCartwrightRin. When you are using People Only Mode, you will still receive notifications. The notification should read “Person Detected”. If the Camera is unable to distinguish between a person or another object, it may say “Unverified Motion”. If you are still having a concern about this, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times.

I dont understand the point of person only mode, if it sends me notifications when my dog is in the garden.
If it isn’t a person, I dont want to know. As at night a fox will set it off and wake me up!
If it’s a person at night I’m happy to be woken, obviously.

1 Like

Hi @RichardCartwrightRin, happy to chime in here. You can read more about People Only Mode in our Help Center Article here, which may help explain the feature better. Some neighbors have had more success with disabling People Only Mode, as it may not be the right setting for everyone since everyone’s home environment is different.

If you have any additional concerns with your devices, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can take a closer look at your devices and account for you. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Why is it called person only mode. If I still get notified of any movement in the garden?
I dont want to be notified of Mr Fox!

1 Like