Pathlights not working

Reaching this company when your product is defective is the most frustrating thing ever! I bought Ring Solar Path Lights and they stopped working after 4 months. Trying return them puts you into loops. I have spent more than an hour on this. I will never buy a Ring product again. Not worth it. Go to Home Depot or Lowes snd buy a similar product with sm easy return process!

Are they covered by trees and maybe not getting enough light? Maybe try turning them off and charging them in an area that gets lots of light for a day or two and try to use them again.

1 Like

Hi @geb810. Are your Pathlights showing offline, or are the lights not turning on? If you share some details on exactly what’s going on with your Solar Pathlights, I’d be happy to try and offer any helpful troubleshooting tips or tricks that may help. :slight_smile:

Just hit this issue myself. One of my Ring Solar pathlights stopped working after 2 months of it working fine. I’ve already done all the troubleshooting - but this light will not come back online. Shows offline in the app.

Battery Date 2020-12-02. Purchased directly from Ring.

1 Like

Hi @AfroRick. Could you please share what troubleshooting steps you’ve taken so far? The Ring Community is a public forum, so we can help with general troubleshooting tips and tricks. Depending on what you’ve tried so far, I may recommend for you to reach out to our support team for further assistance.

I’m a little late to this party, but we have the same issue. We’ve had 6 official Ring path lights for the past two years. They began to fail around 4 months in; only one remains functional now.

We have tried moving them into full sun locations for months at a time (South Florida), charging them overnight, charging them with different cables (only the ones Ring provided for these lights), charging them in different outlets and with different power adapaters (ring official), deleting them in our ring app and re-adding them, resetting the adapter/wireless receiver meant to control the outdoor lights and moving it around (within 5-20 ft of the path lights).

They don’t seem to charge at all anymore, either from a cable or the sun. There’s nothing different about the positioning or configuration of the one still working. We’ve never had to charge it. Seems like 3/4 failed.

Hi @T.Burr. Thank you for sharing the troubleshooting steps you’ve already tried. It sounds like you’ve run through all of the basic steps we would have suggested here. For more in-depth troubleshooting, I’d recommend getting in touch with our support team at one of the numbers available here.