Paid for subscription but app still says no

I have paid for the basic plan for a year and on the website it confirms this but the app won’t recognise this and won’t record as it says my free trial has ended and I need to get a plan…

I only have 1 device (doorbell)

Hi there, @SmallfaceSarah! It looks like you’ve done everything correctly, and the Ring device at the desired location should certainly be subscribed. Try removing and reinstalling the Ring app, to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. Keep in mind that older events, or events that occurred while the device was not subscribed, do not become playable once subscribing. New events, of course, should recognize the subscription plan coverage and be saved. If by this time, your Protect Plan subscription is still showing inactive or not operating as intended in your Ring app, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Yeah the same thing has happened to me and I have bought 2 x plans. It’s disgusting. They don’t even offer webchat, e-mail and their phone number is unavailable on my network. I’ve paid for a service they are not providing and I have no way of getting intouch with them. Shocking

1 Like

Hi neighbors. You can find steps on how to subscribe to a Ring Protect plan here. If you have Ring devices at multiple locations, make sure you are on the right location when subscribing to ensure the correct device is covered. If you still don’t have access to video recording after subscribing, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. You can also get in touch with us on Facebook @Ring by sending a private message.

Exact same thing has happened to me. Complete lack of customer service

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.