Ownership

I brought a chime pro from someone but they still have ownership. How do I make it mine?

Hey @Bapxp2003. They will have to remove the device under Device Settings in their account/app in order to allow you to setup the device. If they are unable to do so, or have claimed they did so, please reach out to our support team here for further device ownership help.

How can we clear the previous owner and add the Ring to our account? We owned it at a previous address and brought it with us. Now it won’t install saying it has a previous owner!!!

Hey @omadeev. For this device ownership escalation, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Do you mean I have to CALL?

@omadeev Yes! If you are outside of the US, there may be some other options via email for you, which you can learn about here. Otherwise, you will need to call to get this matter escalated up further.