Outdoor siren intermittent flash

I’ve just got the outdoor siren set up and it looks great however I think adding the option to have the LED’s flash (perhaps in blue) intermittently will make it more visible and more of a deterrent. This will use more power but shouldn’t be an issue if it’s hard wired

Hi, I’m using your outdoor siren hardwired with transformer. The purpose of hardwiring it was to at night time, advertise that this house has an alarm system. However to my disappointment it just weakly light up the ring logo. That is not very efficient, especially in markets where the “Ring” brand is not that known. My old alarm had an outdoor siren with a blue led that was flashing each 10th second, it was very efficient and didn’t get disturbing. Is it possible to get a similar functionality in your siren?

Regards //Patrik

Just a thought really but it could really help. My Yale alarm siren runs off of 4 D batteries, that’s it. No additional battery packs and no mains power. The system is armed and disarmed and the siren beeps when this occurs and I also use the deterrent feature where the LED lights flashing every few seconds to help show the system is live it’s been in over a year and still hasn’t needed new batteries. Ring alarm is slowly becoming more appealing now there is an outside siren and just need a key fob now. (Already have 2 doorbells and 5 spotlight cams)

My suggestion is, how about ring add the option for the leds that illuminate the ring logo to flash on and off every 30 seconds say instead of just being on constantly dusk till dawn. This would allow the battery pack to last longer than the prescribed 3 weeks and still use the illumination feature and should negate the need for solar panel or mains cables.

Good morning,

Ring outdoor siren is not very deterrent.
The main goal is to avoid any attempt of robbery, but sometimes it’s hard to understand that it is an alarm siren there.

It would be great to have an option to blink the red led light/strobe 1 time every 10/20/30 seconds.