Ordered Ring Pro Accessory Kit, Got Wrong Stupid Screwdriver

I installed a new mesh wifi system in the house over a week ago. Went to reconfigure my Ring Pro Doorbell, and, of course, my girlfriend had decided to toss all the boxes containing the requisite screwdriver needed to open the cover and push that little button… So, I went to the Ring website and ordered an accessory kit for the Ring Pro Doorbell. Finally arrived today. Tried to open cover, cannot. Kit-provided bit is too small and lacks the recessed center that would be needed to turn that wackadoo screw… WTF? I rechecked the online store, and this is, in fact, the only accessory kit available for the Ring Pro. Is there a resolution to this that DOESN’T involve 4-5 back and forth emails over the course of a week or more followed by yet another week of waiting for [perhaps] the right bit to get here?

1 Like

Hey @jramz_dc. The provided screw driver and drill bit has two sides to it, so you may have to take out the drill bit and flip it around to get the appropriate side. If this still does not help, could you take a picture of the screw bit you have and the screw you are trying to remove?

The other side is a Phillips bit. :slight_smile:

So apparently the Pro comes with a T6 ORRRR a T15 Security…the kit came with the T6 only.

1 Like

I am having the same issue. I got my Ring Pro off of Amazon and it only came with the T6 screwdriver, but it gave me a T15 screw. I cannot secure my ring doorbell and that makes me very anxious leaving outside. Someone could steal it! I need the correct bit or the correct screw

Hi @mtom11. If you received the wrong screwdriver with your Ring Pro, contact our support. They will be able to get you the correct size that you need to secure your Ring Pro. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.