Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
A
Closed
Option to turn off TWO-STEP Verification
two-step-verification
wireless-security-cameras

This is the absolute worst trend in tech lately. I couldn’t care less if someone somehow saw my doorbell videos if they so wished but what I do care about is giving out my mobile number so flippantly and especially to a company such as yours who double bag on monetisation. It’s already pretty disgusting that I don’t have the option to record video locally to an SD card, so I HAVE to pay for the ‘cloud’ to see who knocked later. But now I have to use your app for verification (spy on my phone, access to literally everything on my phone for no good reason) or give you my mobile number which is attached to my name so you can sell it.

Please just for the people who actually care about their security, let us turn off this two-step verification method. It is absolutely unnecessary and I can’t remember a time in the history of any online or tech accounts ever that people have been begging for extra verification steps outside of their World of Warcraft account. You know, because that’s actually someone’s valuable asset.

25-05-2024 10:11:21

Responses (2)

C

A post was merged into an existing topic: Optional two step verification

31-05-2024 07:43:26

C

31-05-2024 07:43:27

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

D

Danielhrch

User
Solutions