Option to disable blue light

I live in a high-traffic tourist area with houses directly on the street. The blue light around the doorbell attracts unwanted attention, especially late at night. Drunk folks love to ring the bell. I don’t want to snooze the doorbell in case of an emergency,but it would be great if we simply had the option to not illuminate the blue LED. Have been asking for this simple feature since first-generation in 2017.

I’m confused with this feature because one of my elite doorbells has the light ring on while the other one is off. I can’t find anything in my settings to explain why.

Hello,

Can I request a option to disable to the consistent solid white light on the ring doorbell wired please. It draws far too much attention to the doorbell and I’d like the option to disable this please.

Many thanks.

1 Like

The option to control the brightness would be great.

My neighbours have the battery versions and the glowing ring is very subtle and tasteful.
Was disappointed that the wired version I purchased is extremely bright - so much so it doesn’t even look like a ring it looks like a faceted polygon with bright leds.

In any case an option to reduce intensity or turn off would be great.

I think you should add an option to switch off the blue light on the stick up cam battery when it detects motion. I place my cameras discreetly and therefore have to place tape over the blue light to stop intruders seeing the cameras. I have several different brands of camera and every other brand as an option to disable the blue light in order to make the camera more discreet. I would like to see this option. The thought process behind it is that if an offender sees a camera they are more likely to cover their face and therefore are less like to be identified. If an offender isn’t aware of the camera because it’s discreet they are more likely to be carless in covering their face and more likely to be identified.

• 1 for feature to control both white and blue LED in term of brightness and on/off.
1 Like

I think this is so important. With the indoor cameras in regard! At night time if an intruder seen the actual camera, it may be a distraction, but it may make the person flee in fear of getting caught! We need all people whom break in homes caught and took care of by the law! Great topic! Thanks! :thought_balloon::slightly_smiling_face:

Agree, there should be an option to turn this off in the settings.

1 Like

Yes! it makes the camera more difficult to see! Now for the visually impaired, case by case. Thanks for the reply! Happy Last Day Of February! :dizzy::honeybee::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Please add this option. The privacy issue isn’t even a valid argument here, the presence of the camera in itself creates the expectation of being recorded! Most other quality brands give the option to switch off the light.

Please let us turn off blue status light

I can see from the dates on these comments you don’t listen to your customers, so I’ll just cut up the circuit board to fix it.

This feature is a must

So Ring/Amazon has posts dating back literally years regarding addressing the request by hundreds and hundreds of users to disable to LED ring around the doorbell button. Not only does this cast a white light on the brick directly adjacent to my doorbell (thereby causing a huge bright spot in the night vision and causing everything else to be blacked out in the frame until someone/something gets within 5 feet of my front door…A LEGITIMATE SAFETY ISSUE), it also attracts bugs to the light ring and causes numerous false alerts, so I wake up to 5 notifications on my phone in the morning that motion was detected at my front door. I don’t even bother going through these any more, because it’s like at least 3 or 4 every single night, so if someone were sneaking around my house at night, I wouldn’t even see them.

Oh, and I have the motion sensor set up to trigger my exterior smart floodlights that I have set up through Smartthings using WebCore, so I have ike 10 exterior flood lights turning on and off randomly throughout the night for 10 minutes at a time because of a moth.

So does a multi-billion dollar company really have that big of an issue implementing an option to turn off the LED ring on the unit? Or do they just not care, and are issuing hollow placations that they have no intent to act upon? There are requests for this feature dating back to 2016 so I’m guessing they have lots of code to comb through to make this happen?

I also enjoy that Ring is unable to provide chat and email support at this time due to COVID because they are taking extra precautions regarding the safety of their employees…but I guess that protection doesn’t extend to their Amazon Warehouse employees who are making the company money still? “We still have the ablility to sell you things but we’re using COVID as an excuse to cut corners and save money.” Great job guys.

1 Like

Needed to disable the permanently on light with the wired doorbell to avoid misuse by making it more discreet,

My Ring Doorbell Gen 1 has a solid blue light showing constantly why is it on and how do I turn it off

I have my cam facing a window, and the blue light turning on screws up the picture as the light bounces off the glass and back into the camera lens.

This is not an issue for ANY other security camera that i have owned. Blink, Wyze, etc. All allow you to turn off the light. Enough with this lame excuse that it is a privacy issue and allow us to turn it off already.

Its hard to recommend Ring cameras with such a glaring (literally) issue present on the cameras!

3 Likes

Option to turn off blue light please

Please enable this feature to turn off the blue light on the indoor camera

Hi,

I recently discovered that when there is a connection issue with external Security cameras, they flash to indicate that they are offline. I believe this to be a major security flaw as it informs people that the cameras are not functional.

Once the cameras are configured, it should be the default behaviour that this flashing light is not enabled unless the owner chooses to have it enabled. So I would like to request that you add the option to disable the flashing offline notification and if there are any other situations which lead to status lights to tell people the cameras aren’t operational, then an option for those too.

Given that you have other notifications in the app, you could just send a notification in there.

Thanks.