Option to disable blue light

Why would you have indoor cameras at an AirBnB especially one that someone can’t tell if you are looking at it or not? That’s kind of creepy dude, and I’m almost positive that is against their rules.

2 Likes

I agree there needs to be an option to turn off the blue LED light. I got a Ring Stickup HD to replace my Blink camera XT2 that was outside on the front door of my house, because started to have some issues.
The blink cameras offers the option to turn off the blue LED. If Blink can do it, I am sure Ring can do it too. Both are owned by Amazon. Putting a piece to electrical tape or a sticker to cover is not an option for me.

1 Like

Has this been fixed yet? It’s a pain!

Please rung, fix it.

Was going to ask the same thing but it appears 64 people have asked this over the past 2 years and RING have chisen to ignore their customers. Well they may lose my custom when i return my 2 indoor cams

1 Like

Essential? No. As you said, it’s a security camera. I’m amazed you think a security camera should have a glowing light screaming “Here I am, Here I am!” Not many trained security folks gonna think that’s a good idea.

The comment reads as if there is fear of privacy invasion. Sorta counter intuative to the intent of a security camera. I suppose if one was running a house with unknowns folks coming and going I could see a problem, but most have actual conversations with their families / roommates. Most commercial buildings simply post a notice in the buildings, so there’s that too.

More importantly, if someone is creepy enough to intentionally violate somebodies privacy that piece of tape you mentioned seems like a pretty obvious answer for said creep. Why 90% of us have to screw w/tape over the fears of the few doesn’t make a lot of sense. Nor is that tape gonna stick well in the cold on an outside camera.

FWIW “Blink” allows all outside camera’s to have there blue light disabled. Doesn’t seem to be a problem for them. Ring could at the very least start there!

Adding my voice to the 60 plus users asking for the option to turn the blue light off.

1 Like

I have always wanted the option to turn the blue light off ALSO…
we could have bought security cam “decoys” for next to nothing with a recording light on… and and invest $1 for a new battery 2x a year!!
But no we pay $100 a year… and have to let them know they are being recorded… Why?
… back in the day Guard-zilla understood… We had 6 of them and we paid about the same with the option to turn off the recording light!
Nothing like giving away the location and status of the cameras…
ITS A COURTESY TO THE THIEF

1 Like

I agree with all of you! This has been requested many times by customers for over a year now!
The i.d.i.o.t who had the stupid idea to tell the thieves when they are detected by the camera and when they’re not, should be fired!

2 Likes

Yes, please make this as an option to disable the blue light. I have just received my Ring camera, I was undecided if I was going to install indoors or outdoors. The problem I have with this light is that when inside and the camera is looking through the glass you see a flashing blue LED in the middle of the screen, pretty annoying but even more so that it can’t be disabled! Standard feature that i’d expect from Ring to have this as an option, please add it!

1 Like

I like everyone else is waiting for a reply from Ring on when an option to turn the blue light on or off when cam is active is available. This is a must feature/option.

3 Likes

Why would a security product use bright led lights facing the direction of the camera? Why warn intruders they’re being recorded? As soon as I turned it on it became a problem. Seems everyone but the designers can see the flaw.

1 Like

Also option to disable blue light on Ring ChimePro

1 Like

come one Ring… it’s a 5 minutes commit into you code… we would aaaaall be happy.

This is needed especially for the indoor cams.

Ring is it not a tad rude that for over a year people have been asking to remove the blue light and you have ignored all your customers, not one reply! I’ve bought an indoor cam today and yes the blue light is bloody annoying!!! Let’s all show potential intruders where the camera is eh so they can quickly smash it

1 Like

Thank you for the continued feedback on this request, neighbors. Currently the closest solution for the blue light would be covering it, as some neighbors have mention in this thread. Check out our Privacy Kit accessory for Indoor Cams, which will cover the view and has a power switch.

Of course, this only helps if you have an Indoor Camera and doesn’t specifically obtain the feature you are requesting. Rest assured your feedback has and continues to be shared with our teams here, as they work to constantly improve and add to your experiences.

1 Like

I have the same issue on outdoor cameras. Bought a 4 pack and fitted them before realising the blue light always comes on for motion and not just at set up. Does the blue light also come on during live view or when talking.? That may also not be desirable. Black tape ….hmm. Not ideal.

Agree, used for the baby room. Blue light is annoying. Will apply black tape but shows Ring don’t understand their customers or a burglar… had I known this I would have bought another product. Like any other IP camera.

Totally agree. to urn this light off, needs to be an option