Option to disable audio just for Shared Users

Can we please have an option to turn off audio when the devices are shared for different users?
Currently, we can disable audio recording at device level but audio for the owners and specific users will come in handy.

Exactly. I share my indoor cam with my sister. She can hear every conversation on my first floor!!! I would like to disable the sound for her but not me. The ability to adjust the sound would be helpful so then I could lower it so that it only picks up sound that is close to the device. I feel like my privacy is being invaded.

I would like to provide access to a ring camera of mine to a few people, but there is no way I see on the app to turn off the audio or history. I would like to share the video capability of the camera since it’s indoors and pointing out a window, but not provide them access to the audio being that they could listen to everything going on inside. This seems like it could be a simple fix with a toggle switch for history and audio in some sort of app update. I do not want to simply turn off the audio in general on the camera since I would still like it for me. Thanks.

I’d like to have the option to share a video channel with another user, but I’d like the option not to share audio with that user. The user can see live and recorded video, but would not be able to hear anything without me giving them access. The option per channel should be located under Shared Access and be user selectable per channel by user.

It would be useful to have the option to disable the sound (both ways) for shared users. I want to share my camera with my family but I do not want them to hear everything from my house all the time or to speak through the camera.

I would also love if they had this feature. Seems like it would be an easy thing for them to do. I have an apartment building and some of the tenants want access to the camera in the parking lot, but I don’t want them to eavesdrop on each other. I just had to tell my husband to turn off of audio on the camera at his dad’s house in Italy because I could hear him talking about his sister!!

I want to share an indoor device facing a window with other users but there is no way to do that without giving them permission to eavesdrop and this is the reason I don’t promote Ring through invites. It’s a severe privacy issue.

1 Like

I also would really like this as well, I have the cameras more pointed out through the windows and would like very much not to have the sound shared. I understand the technical problem of the already recorded files but I’m sure you smart people can remove the sound from the files somehow :slight_smile: