Option to control alerts or notifications within Modes Settings

Drives me crazy I can’t automatically disable motion settings on certain cameras when the alarm is not set to away or home. Would love this feature to be included.

1 Like

I was so surprised that Modes was not implemented this way. I was trying for hours to make it work. My use-case is simply to disable motion alerts while at home, but still record. Please please implement.

2 Likes

I, too, I’m surprised that this very simple and incredibly useful feature has yet to be implemented by the ring team. Unless their systems are totally on fire this shouldn’t take more than a week or two to implement test and deploy…

1 Like

Hi,
Currently in the camera mode parameters you only have the ability to set motion detection and live video.
Would It be possible to add the ability to enable and disable motion notifications. Please see suggested screenshot attached.

When I’m home I do not need the notifications on my app, I juste need that the cameras record the movements.

So this is my user story
As a Ring camera user
I want to have the ability to enable or disable the motion notification setting in the mode parameters section of the cameras.
So that I can better manage all my camera notifications by changing from on mode to another.

Acceptance criteria
In the mode parameters section I can find for each camera device a switch to enable or disable motion notification.
When I change from one mode to another the motion notification change according to the setting for each camera.

2 Likes

Frankly I don’t understand why this is not included. Such a basic logical functionality. Now everytime I walk into my own garden I receive notifications on my phone. So unhandy!

1 Like

Exactly this, easy and effective!

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. Frankly I wouldn’t have bought the system if I knew this wasn’t included. Such a design failure.

2 Likes

In addition to this, the ability to create custom modes would be helpful. Or at least add a “sleep” mode, which realistically would be identical to away mode.

Also, have the app detect when I’m not home, either via geolocation or by detecting that my phone is not on the same wi-if network as my devices.

1 Like

I feel like this must have been requested but I couldn’t find it. We have a multi-family vacation home. When no one is there, the alarm system is armed, and the cameras send notifications and have motion detection on (so it can record).

However lets say my brother’s family goes to visit for the week. When the alarm is disarmed, I have to go into the camera settings and turn off notifications. And when they leave and arm the system, I need to go back into the camera settings and turn notifications back on.

I can use modes - but I don’t want motion DETECTION turned off. For example I still want to know if someone came to the front door at 2am and record who it was, but I don’t need the NOTIFICATION. I only need the notifications if the system is armed. Currently it seems like I can only set motion DETECTION in the mode.

2 Likes

Please add motion sensor lights to the Modes so that they can be disabled/enabled along with the motion sensor cameras. I am bombarded with notifications from the floodlights because the Disarm mode only includes the cameras.

2 Likes

The Ring App needs to allow both Home and Away mode to be customized so that I can set each camera device’s 3 parameters separately. When I am “Away”, I want two of my cams to have Motion Detection and Live View. I want 5 of my cams to have Motion Detection, MOTION ALERTS and live view. I should not have to go into each device and enable “Motion Alerts” for the “Away” mode. Especially if I can already customize the “Away” mode with “Motion Detection” and “Live View”. WHY…WHY…WHY is the third parameter missing. Just does not make sense. As the app works today, when I select “AWAY”, all my cams go to “Motion Detection” and “Live View” per my configuration. I need to be able to get motion “ALERTS” from my indoor cams but not my outdoor cams. This is not possible without going into each cam, every time I am “AWAY” and configuring each device independently.

Conversely, I want to be able to customize the “Home” mode as well. Allowing each device to have individual parameter settings for “Motion Detection”, “Motion Alerts” and “Live View”. When I get back “Home”, I want to have my indoor cams set to “Motion Detection”, “Live View” and NO “Motion Alerts”. Not possible. Each time I return “Home”, I have to go in and individually configure each cam’s behavior. I have 4 locations that I bounce between. This is a really negative to the app.

3 Likes

Ring PLEASE add this feature! This is so annoying to have to listen to my alerts inside the house!

2 Likes

Please add a feature to only notify of outdoor motion on cameras and other sensors when the system is armed (home at night or away). It’s strange that this doesn’t already exist and I know has been mentioned before by others, but I would like to see this feature tied to modes and not just a static schedule as others have suggested.

If I am home and the system is disarmed I don’t want to get notified every time I run out to my driveway, have a friend over, or go out my front door. I only really care about this when the system is armed (either home at night or when we are away). If someone shows up around my house when I am asleep or away from the house, that’s when I want my phone buzzing.

Please provide the option to disable the useless notification concerning the mode change!

For the Ring employees, this is what happens and it absolutely doesn’t make sense:

1. I open the Ring app and press ‘Away’ mode.
  2. I visually see the mode change from ‘Home’ to ‘Away’.
  3. I close the Ring app.
  4. An annoying notification is sent to me, telling me that I’ve just “changed to Away mode”….

I ALREADY KNOW THIS INFORMATION, I HAVE JUST PRESSED THE BUTTON TO CHANGE THE MODE MYSELF!

How difficult can it be to just allow me to control whether or not I want to be notified upon changing modes??? Implement this, no-brainer, option asap, please!

Ps: I understand that if more persons can change the Mode, it might be useful to get a notification when person A changes the mode and person B get’s a notification. However, if you’re the only user that changes the Mode, IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE TO SEND A NOTIFICATION ABOUT AN ACTION THAT THE USER HAS JUST PERFORMED 1 SECOND AGO!

1 Like

I need this feature as well. Looks like it’s been 2 years since this was suggested…Ring dev team, are you even reading this forum?

2 Likes

Honestly, make everything that can be manually configured configurable by mode (or schedule, for that matter) as well. We were attacked by porch pirates in the middle of the night, and while I admittedly neglected to turn on motion-activated lights which might’ve been a deterrent, I’d also like motion alerts as an additional deterrent. But I don’t want them active during the day, potentially freaking out the various delivery drivers and other people conducting legitimate business in the light of day.

1 Like

probably not. This post and many others!!! :rage: :rage:

1 Like

When I have my alarm system disabled, I don’t want to be bothered by notifications from my motion sensor(s) every time someone walks by it.

1 Like

This has been requested for so long that I can’t understand Ring hasn’t already roll this out. It is not a feature, it is a MUST and for some a deal breaker.

1 Like

Hi,
This is a request to the app development team. Would it be possible to add in the mode settings the notification settings? Currently i find the mode settings unusable or not helpful for devicies. My indoor cameras for example , i need to manually disable the notifications of the specific cameras and reactivate when leaving my home. If there were choicies in the modes , notifications on/off , i could effectively use the mode settings when leaving the home. The user experience is messy innmy experience with the current configuration. Please could you look to add this function , thank you :blush:

1 Like