Option to add Z-Wave Switch to Linked Devices

Hi, I purchased a Z-Wave switch (compatible with ring) and I am able to now use the RING app to turn it on and off, but I purchased it so that I could program it so that if there is motion at my front door, the switch turns on.

Unfortunately this is not an option as a linked device, I can’t add the switch as part of Alexa routines (although I can ask Alexa to turn them on and Alexa does successfully), I can’t link it with Smart Things either. This should be a very easy fix. Please push through an update to allow this as it will make things so much easier and will allow me to use my doorbell at night…which isn’t possible now as it is too dark to see anything.

THANK YOU

Did you get a solution to this? I am able to turn my Switch (light) off and on with the Web Ring account under devices, but under devices on my Phone App, the Light isn’t listed on devices. Have you seen that? Thanks

Is there anything in the works to be able to add Leviton Decora Smart In-wall switches as a linked device? This would allow you to use the motion sensors in your cameras and smart lighting to trigger these light switches mimicking someone has woken up at night (or day) in the house? If this could be done, this could also be linked to the Ring Alarm system when it is triggered which would aid scarring off potential burglars and also make it easier to locate/determine which home in a neighborhood is in trouble (including a fire). It would be like car alarms with the headlights/parking lights flashing when their alarm is triggered.

CHN