No support?

Chat support just redirects me to FAQs that don’t answer my question and to this community. Has Ring stopped offering support?

I have tenants who want control of the Ring system, and I’m happy to give it to them, but I need to know how to do that, and how to regain control again once they leave. They’ve been asking me now for 3 days, and I can’t give them an answer, which makes me look like I am not wanting to give up control. Sure would like to find a way to get information.

1 Like

Hey @bek1. You can learn more about how our scope of support has been limited due to COVID-19 here. If you are in need of immediate assistance, you will be unable to use chat, as all our chat representatives are now on the phone. For support, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, and hope this helps get you to the right people! :slight_smile:

Thanks.

I called support and was told I have to unregister myself as the owner, and then my tenant can register himself as the owner. As you probably know, this is not a great solution. If the tenant decides to not unregister themselves, I am “out of luck”, as your support person correctly said. I hope Ring is working on a better solution for landlords.

1 Like

@bek1 Thank you for letting me know the results of your call! I apologize that you are in that current situation, as I could see how doing that process can be tedious. I will make sure to pass on your experience and feedback to the appropriate teams so we can see if we can have this improved for future. Thank you, neighbor! Hope your family and yourself are staying safe at this time.

1 Like

Trying to setup plan

There may be some misunderstanding.

My complaint isn’t about the process being “tedious.” I’m not worried about the time it takes to remove each device from my account.

It’s about putting hundreds of dollars of equipment at risk because your company requires us to give it to someone that we don’t know, with the HOPE that they will return it when done. And they may be angry when they are done, maybe they owe back rent. Maybe they have damaged the house. This is a very expensive risk you are requiring us to take.

3 Likes