No Receipt for purchase of Ring Hardware

After purchasing nearly $300 of doorbell and accessories on October 27, I still have NO RECEIPT. I got an email confirming my purchases with an order and tracking number…but no itemized receipt. I called customer service to ask for a receipt and 48 hours later…still NO RECEIPT, even after providing my order number. How can it be so hard to get a receipt when I have the order number?

I did not get all the items I ordered (missing a spare battery pack), but without a receipt from Ring, all I have is my PayPal total.

Since it seems that Ring has some serious issues with providing receipts across a number of services, I am thinking of now working through PayPal to get my refund.

Has anyone had similar experience on a purchase of hardware?

I ordered a panic button with Ring over the phone for my husband. We have a ring security account. Meanwhile, my husband had taken a call and signed up for a different company’s system on the phone. I called ring back to cancel the order. He said it had been 2 hours and I couldn’t cancel. He told me I would be emailed, even though I had not received one yet. The order was charged to my credit card. It arrived without paperwork. I did not get a receipt in either of my emails, but got survey requests in both. When I tried to call to get a receipt to return it they couldn’t find a record of the purchase. It’s not on my account in the app or on line in purchase history either. Nor is it on our Amazon account even though Amazon shipped it. The bottom line is that we can not return this panic button for $48 which is worthless to us because there is no “order number” or receipt or even a record of them shipping it anywhere. The customer service rep just kept saying that I needed to check another email, that it had been emailed to me even though there is no email on that date other than their survey request follow up. She could not even find a record of the phone call when it was ordered. The call was documented as product info. They can not be this incompetent. It’s got to be a policy to avoid returns.