No notification sound

Hello all,

To received sound from my notifications, (doorbell and motion) I have to turn the bluetooth on my phone off then on again then hey presto it works again.

I’m having to do this every day and if I forget I miss peope at my door.

Ring customer services have been through all the troubleshooting and say it’s my phone at fault.

I have an Samsung Android phone, but Samsung say the fault lies with Ring.

Stuck in the middle with no permanent solution.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Hi @Jaysadie. At times, having Bluetooth enabled on your phone will interfere with notifications from the Ring app. If disabling Bluetooth on your phone solved not getting a sound from your Ring app notifications, it’s best to keep it off when you want to hear a sound with your notifications.

Hello,

Turned Bluetooth off/on/off, makes no difference.

Went on advice from Ring saying it must be my phone so just bought a new Samsung S21+ and exactly the same issues.

Wasted my money buying new phone.

Only thing that temporarily works now is to uninstall Ring app then reinstall.

Works for a few hours then back to square one.

Regretting my investment now.

1 Like

OK, Ring customer support have been great trying to help but it seems there’s an issue with my phone and I believe this to be true.

I’m going to contact Samsung to see if they can sort any conflicting issues with the Ring app.

In the mean time to fix it but only temporarily is to either un/re install app, restart my phone, sign out then back in to the app or lastly to remove/re allow permissions of the Ring app which is the quickest way.

Anybody who has a Samsung phone with issues the same as me keep checking here and I’ll see what Samsung says.

1 Like

Hi @Jaysadie. Thanks for sharing that update here. Hopefully Samsung’s support is able to help resolve this issue affecting your notifications.

I have recently purchased my Ring doorbell and have exactely the same problem, guess what i have a Samsung!! Very frustrating.

I have a Samsung 22 no issues! Ring doorbell 4

1 Like

I have had the same issue with my Samsung S22. If I reboot the phone, it works temporarily. I always get the notifications on my phone only no audio when this happens. My wife’s Apple phone has no issues. This has been the case from day one (six months) . I wish ring would figure out what the issue is. I am wondering if it affects all Samsungs?

Hi @Calib. I would also try the steps mentioned in this Help Center page for issues with notifications on Android. You also want to make sure you do not have any Android apps that conflict with the Ring app. If these steps do not help, give our support team a call for further assistance.

1 Like

My husband and I both have Apple iPhones. I don’t believe your Android is to blame as I don’t get a ‘ring’ notification when someone’s at the door, it just comes up on my screen. I had no bother for ages but this had been happening for a couple of months now. My husband has no issues!
I rang Ring and was talked through all the steps and all was fine for a couple of days. Any one else got any ideas other than what’s in the thread please?

1 Like

Hello, sorry for not updating but here goes.

What has worked for me and is the only thing that has worked long term.

On your Samsung - settings, apps, Ring, storage, clear cache.

I find that once cache gets above around 2-3 mb thats when the notification sound stops.

Hope this helps

1 Like

@Jaysadie Thank you for sharing the solution that worked for you!

I have an iphone. ringer on phone stopped working after nearly two years. I found that going in to settings—notifications and pressing immediate my ring doorbell now works perfectly.

1 Like

Make sure on your iphone that in settings the notifications are set to immediate.
It worked for me

1 Like

@user58380 Thanks for letting other neighbors know about this setting! :slight_smile:

I am a home owner with a Ring security system and 4 Ring cameras around the periphery, all installed a couple of months ago. I have the Ring app on a brand new Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. Like you all, I have trouble getting sound notifications, but not message notifications, from the cameras. Ring customer service directed me to Samsung who directed me to Android. I can restore the sound notification by rebooting, re-installing the Ring app, or toggling the app’s Allow Notifications switch for individual cameras, but it only works for a few hours (up to 20), not a solution.
My wife and son with their iPhones have not experienced the problem. Sound familiar?
My experience, together with yours and the fact that the problem seems to be exclusive to Samsung devices makes it pretty clear that the origin of the problem is a software incompatibility issue between the Ring app and the version of the Android OS that Samsung uses.
For those homeowners seeking protection from stalkers or violent acquaintances, a non-functioning audible notification is not merely an irritation, but is life threating. Nobody stares at their cell phone screen all day and all night long, and having the cameras professionally monitored is unaffordable for most people.
I find it, therefore, astonishing that Ring and Samsung have not gotten together to solve this problem. They have been aware of it for several months at least, judging from this community forum. We have obtained no help and there is no evidence so far that something is being done to address it (“check your settings” and “thank you for sharing the solution that worked for you!” do not count).
Ring security cameras and doorbells are far and away the most popular on the market. Is Ring not concerned that a DISGRUNTLED CUSTOMER may BAD-MOUTH THE PRODUCT TO ALL HIS/HER FRIENDS and POST AN UNFAVOARABLE REVIEW ON THE WEB? These acts, especially the latter certainly have the potential to cut into sales. Samsung has a quarter of the smartphone market, nearly equal to that of Apple. Likewise, is not Samsung concerned of the bad publicity?
Ring and Samsung need to work together without delay to solve this problem. In the meantime, we need the people from Ring who monitor this Community forum to acknowledge the problem,
divulge whatever they know about the source, and outline what Ring intends to do about it and when.

I agree with everything you said.

It’s not good enough really. I don’t want to change to an iphone but I’m considering it when it’s time for a new phone.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.