Ring Video Doorbells

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
J
No notification sound
hardwired-video-doorbell
negative-feedback
troubleshooting
Hello all, To received sound from my notifications, (doorbell and motion) I have to turn the bluetooth on my phone off then on again then hey presto it works again. I'm having to do this every day and if I forget I miss peope at my door. Ring customer services have been through all the troubleshooting and say it's my phone at fault. I have an Samsung Android phone, but Samsung say the fault lies with Ring. Stuck in the middle with no permanent solution. Any advice welcome. Thanks

14-05-2023 02:00:03

Responses (13)

J
Hi @Jaysadie. At times, having Bluetooth enabled on your phone will interfere with notifications from the Ring app. If disabling Bluetooth on your phone solved not getting a sound from your Ring app notifications, it's best to keep it off when you want to hear a sound with your notifications.

16-05-2023 08:19:30

J
Hello, Turned Bluetooth off/on/off, makes no difference. Went on advice from Ring saying it must be my phone so just bought a new Samsung S21+ and exactly the same issues. Wasted my money buying new phone. Only thing that temporarily works now is to uninstall Ring app then reinstall. Works for a few hours then back to square one. Regretting my investment now.

03-06-2023 12:54:37

J
OK, Ring customer support have been great trying to help but it seems there's an issue with my phone and I believe this to be true. I'm going to contact Samsung to see if they can sort any conflicting issues with the Ring app. In the mean time to fix it but only temporarily is to either un/re install app, restart my phone, sign out then back in to the app or lastly to remove/re allow permissions of the Ring app which is the quickest way. Anybody who has a Samsung phone with issues the same as me keep checking here and I'll see what Samsung says.

11-06-2023 05:35:38

C
Hi @Jaysadie. Thanks for sharing that update here. Hopefully Samsung's support is able to help resolve this issue affecting your notifications.

12-06-2023 03:29:04

U
I have recently purchased my Ring doorbell and have exactely the same problem, guess what i have a Samsung!! Very frustrating.

07-07-2023 10:28:29

D
I have a Samsung 22 no issues! Ring doorbell 4

07-07-2023 11:08:38

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User