no live view and not saving to cloud

I’m so tired of my ring failing to do what its supposed to. There was a system wide problem for a day that allegedly was fixed, but it wasnt. I still have no live view and nothing saved to the cloud despite uninstalling and reinstalling the app. And the system goes off line when it feels like it. If i ring the doorbell, it resets. Supposedly ring is aware of a problem with first generation doorbells but has failed to recall or fix the issue.

Hi @cherylq. I would suggest looking this over this Community article here. It covers many issues that affect Live View. If your videos are not saving, please make sure that you are subscribed to the Ring Protect Plan. More Information can be found on our plans here. If you are still experiencing issues, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.