No battery life

I apparently have one of the first battery operated ring cameras in the front of the house. I just recently had to charge the battery twice since January. And at this time they have not been a lot of people coming to and from the house. The battery just doesn’t have the life that it should have when I first bought it.

Hey @Vince1. For devices that feel like they don’t hold a charge like they used it, it’s best to assess the device to make sure nothing is out of the ordinary. I recommend checking your event history to ensure you do not have more than 10 events a day, because even if there isn’t people to and from the house, the motion detection may be picking up other things and recording, which would drain down the battery. If you notice the activity on your event history is the same with the activity around your home, minimal, and not nearly at 10 events a day, it may be best to be in contact with our support team. They can take a look into your battery level history to ensure that there anything out of the normal for you and what could be causing it.

If you do contact our support team directly, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.