No audio from echo show to doorbell

Just got a ring doorbell (Wired) and was trying to set it up before installing it on the front door, but i cannot seem to get either our echo show 8 (living room) or echo show5 (upstairs) and not even our alexa echo to send audio to the doorbell push. Even my Iphone 6 isn’t able to talk to the Ring doorbell Wired. I get audio from the doorbell but not back to the doorbell from any device. Have I been sent a dud? I have read about others problems with the same thing, and although pictures are ok and detection is ok, its the reverse audio to the doorbell we are struggling with. And yes I have tried a hard re-set using the black button with orange dot on to do the reset (pressing it for 20 seconds etc) Iphone update ios 12.5.4 is inuse on the phone. The doorbell is hard wired to a Ring Power supply (plug in adaptor 2nd generation)

Hi @sammydarlo. Thanks for listing out what steps you’ve tried already, as a reset is always a good troubleshooting step for concerns like this. Since the audio isn’t coming through from any of your Alexa devices, or even your iPhone, I’d suggest touching base with our support team from here. You’ve already done a reset and that hasn’t worked, so our support team can take a deeper dive on this with you in order to find a solution to this audio concern.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to report back on what solutions our support team recommends as well, as it may help other neighbors with a similar concern. :slight_smile: