Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
J
No access to live view and floodlight isn’t recording
Hi everyone , my floodlight cam hasn’t been working for a few days now, there’s power going to it , and is connected to WiFi. Status is online and receiving a healthy signal. Any ideas on why it’s not allowing me to view live view, recordings and no notifications? Thanks

22-11-2020 09:04:28

Responses (1)

E
We are having the exact same issue. I know it’s working cuz I can turn the light on and off. The view from the dashboard is updated but no live view, no video recording or notifications. RING, WHATS GOING ON?

25-11-2020 01:47:42

M
Same problem here and no help from ring.

25-11-2020 07:56:36

T
Hi neighbors. A few days ago we were experiencing an outage that may have interrupted your Live View temporarily. This has since been resolved and your Live View should be back up and running. If you are still experiencing issues, try looking at this [Community article](https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-Device-Tips-and-How-To-s/Live-View-Not-Activating-and-Connecting-Troubleshooting-Tips/ba-p/821) for some tips and tricks to get your Live View working again.

27-11-2020 03:55:59

S
Hi, we have same problem with the camera. -47 for this camera and only -50mfor door bell. Bell goes to live view really quickly but no live view for the camera! Ring is going to get a bad review if I can't fix this - can anyone offer any help please? Thanks in advance.

02-12-2020 01:08:28

M
Hi there, @Swindonpete. Video connection concerns are often related to wifi, mobile device, or Ring app communication variables. Excellent call checking your wifi signal strength values in the Ring app. As described in our [Community post about RSSI](https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-Device-Tips-and-How-To-s/How-it-Works-Your-Ring-Device-RSSI-Good-vs-Poor/ba-p/751), there are various factors that can lead to signal interference. While the wifi signal looks sufficient for operation, it is still a good step to check for any obstacles, distance, or appliances between your router and your Camera, that might impact wifi communication or resources. With signal strength being good, and the Video Doorbell connecting to live view. The next best step will be to test the difference between answering a Floodlight Camera motion event live, and live viewing from the Ring app. If neither connect, try power cycling the Camera by switching off power and switching it back on after a few moments. If it is only Live View not connecting, try out the Rapid Ring app to see if this improves connection. Check out @Tom\_Ring's post above, as well, for further live view troubleshooting steps. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :)

02-12-2020 07:41:18

S
Hi Marley\_Ring Thanks again for your help. I've tried all of this following your message and have even brought the camera indoors to reinstall etc and sat in our kitchen which has very good connection to our router as we use the internet all the time on iPads / iPhones / Sky TV etc all the time. (2.4ghz for Ring of course). I've also deleted the device form the app and reinstalled it etc. I left it to "update firmware" (again!) too. I get motion alerts but no live view from either the Rapid Ring app or the normal Ring app. The signal strength is showing as -45 indoors where I'm sat (the doorbell has a -49 reading and works fine all the time. Do you think the camera is faulty? I have seen live view on the first time I set up when I bought the devices but that was it. We did of course experience the 2 /3 day outages last week but the door bell and the chimes work fine again now on both the apps. Is there anything else to try before I give up on Ring? Thanks again - look forward to hearing from you.

03-12-2020 08:53:57

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User