New mailbox sensor installed, next to useless without a sharing option

So, I was all excited to tell my wife that she can finally stop wondering when the mail is delivered. Ring will let us know… how wrong I was. Install went smoothly as could be expected, little miffed that I needed yet another bridge for low power devices, installed right next to the range extender for my alarm sensors, but that’s mild irritation compared to the discovery that I cannot share the new mailbox sensor with my wife who has seperate account due to the 2 factor nonsence that Ring has started to enforce.

As per the app, grouped devices cannot be shared, so why enforce a mailbox sensor to be within a nonexsting light group (I do not have any ring lights) making it useless for households with more than one adult who would be interested to know when they should check the mail…

Unless I’m doing something wrong, or missing something basic, I’m on the verge of sending the whole thing back.

While on the subject of sharing, why can’t my wife star flag the ring videos of interest???

3 Likes

Good question, @RinGin! At this time Ring Smart Lighting devices, including the Mailbox Sensor, cannot be shared through the Shared Users feature. While we have implemented account security features for logging in and Ring account security, you can still have multiple mobile device logged in to one account. This is called authorized devices, and can be monitored and controlled in the Ring app Control Center.

As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

If you have Alexa or echo you can add it to the notifictions there too so at least that will announce for all to hear.

2 Likes

Have they actually every implemented something from the Feature Request board? I see posts and no replies from ring. It sure appears to me that it goes to /dev/null

Has Ring not fixed this nearly two years later?! I cannot share the mailbox sensor or lighting? Are you serious?!

Anyone from Ring home and care to comment???

Am I missing something? Can both users add the device to their mobile app on their shared account or literally only one person can have it? I don’t understand the point of them if they are not shareable.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.