New Integration Tips

So I was able to set up some automations using RING, Smartthings, and Alexa. I am hopefully for some offical integrations at some point to make it more seamless but so far so good.

I have been able to set up a “goodnight” and “goodbye” automation in my systems. When I tell alexa either of these commands, it will arm the system in the proper mode, and lock the doors (Alexa can control the door locks where Smart Things as of right now cannot.

My next advesture is going to be figuring out how to have lights turn on when an alarm is triggered. I am thinking that I will set up an authroized user account that will send an e-mail to IFTTT that will trigger a virtual button in Smart Things and do what I need to get done.

I’m not 100% sure how alarm notification work right now as I haven’t tripped the alarm. Any other thoughts on this one?

1 Like

Glad to see you’ve found some automation solutions. For lighting, I often see success in IFTTT flows. As far as Ring Alarm and Alexa goes, currently it allows for the verbal arming and disarming of the system, as well as audible alerts from Doorbell or Camera devices. We plan on expanding the Alexa integrations to accomplish much more automation in the future.

1 Like