Need to fix motion Alerts

Here’s a couple images to share. I have all of my ring devices set for people only.

As you can see from the pictures. One of the people only detections is my Dog. He’s a small dog, definitely not a people.

The other picture is just a motion alert. You can see, there are no people in the image at all. Plus, it isn’t a person detected alert.

So, if I have people only mode selected. I shouldn’t get any standard motion alerts, but only people alerts. Also, my dog shouldn’t be triggering a person detection.

I also don’t appreciate that there isn’t a live chat support option for people that pay for the plus plan.

Thank you,
Gary

Thank you for these image examples, @gdf315! As mentioned in our help center article, People Only mode can differ by Ring device model. For battery-powered devices, if you turn on People Only Mode your device will record all events, but usually only send you a notification when a human-being is detected. For hardwired devices, if you toggle the People Only Mode on, your device will only record and alert you to human being related events.

The second image looks to have a person in, who may have triggered that alert, however, there are also a few reflective surfaces in the area. Occasionally when in People Only Mode, light reflection, as from an outside window, can activate motion detection. If you’re getting a lot of unwanted notifications look for reflective surfaces that may be shining light onto your device. Alternatively, you can turn off the People Only Mode setting. Thanks again for the feedback! :slight_smile:

Yes, I found the person in the second video. Was hard to see…

However, back to the first picture. It is still a dog and not a person. The image is not a recorded motion it is a notification of a person.

I do have more examples of notifications from my ring pro recording non-people motion and my battery cameras showing things other as people as people.

The idea is not really to complain but to provide information for ring to use to improve their software.

2 Likes