Need replacement batteries for solar pathlights. Ring customer service is a joke. Where to buy?

I purchased several solar pathlights last month. Two of them had faulty batteries and wouldn’t charge. I’ve tried to get replacement batteries from Ring and called them numerous times. So far they’ve sent me battery mounting hardware for battery floodlights and now they’re sending me the battery-powered pathlights as replacements.

I’m sick of dealing with Ring just to get two replacement batteries. Can anyone recommend where I buy replacements? I’m not 100% sure what capacity to get so any help would be appreciated.

Hi @jordanmerrick. We don’t sell replacement batteries for the Solar Pathlights on our website. For any replacement concerns regarding your device, you’ll wan t to follow up with our support team directly. I know you mentioned having contacted them before, but as we are a neighbor-to-neighbor forum, we’re not able to look into this request to check on it further, so our support team would be the best course of action to make sure this is resolved. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. Let them know you previously reached out regarding this same request and that you didn’t receive the correct replacement item. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I just had a similar conversation with support. Stonewalled… “we dont sell or send replacement batteries”. I found it rather odd that of all the other original and oem batteries that are available for Ring devices - these arent. There’s enough sunlight up here during the spring and summer, but definitely not enough during winter… didnt feel like taking each pathlight in one by one to plug into a charger… much easier to swap out batteries… so when can we get a reasonable, coherent reply regarding replacement/spare battery availability, or perpetual non-availability.

Hi there, neighbors! As described in our help center article, we recommend using name brand batteries, such as Amazon Basics, Duracell, or Energizer, for an optimal battery life. Cold weather can certain impact battery drain rate and the article linked has some steps to preserve charge as much as possible. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: