My plan

Front Door

PROTECT PLUS TRIAL

PLAN STARTS 1/24/2021

I have 6 cameras and they all show this same plan. I’m confused by “trial” and that the plan “starts” not stops, on 1/24/2021. I came looking for when my plan expired so I could be sure to renew. I paid $100 for the annual plan on Sept 1, 2019 and have received my 10% discount on new products since.

Sorry I can’t comprehend what I’m reading.

Hey @turbobuick86. Where did you purchase your Ring devices from, and when did you set up the most recent one? My hunch is that you bought your devices or some of them from Costco, and one of the recent Costco purchases involved a device that was set up on January of 2020? The reason I think this is because Costco has a promotion where they offer a free 1 year of the Ring Protect Plus Plan, which would make sense why your trial you have now will end in January of next year, and then start the new plan you have paid for in the past.

If this does not seem correct, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. They can look at your plan history and help make sense of it. Let me know! :slight_smile:

Yes, you are correct that I bought one camera from Costco that included 12 months. However, my thought was to install it about the same time my current plan was about to expire which I thought was Sept 1. The camera is still in the box that I bought a couple months ago on April 28.

My only other communication with Ring was for a bad camera that was swapped out. Maybe she gave me a few months extra plan?

I suppose I will just play it out and see what happens. It appears at first glance I came out a little ahead, but time will tell. Thank you.

1 Like