My ex is in my account

So I noticed the day we broke up my ex’s phone was making the motion detected sound when he was walking past the doorbell each time and at first I thought it was my phone until I saw it across the living room. I changed my password and disconnected all mobile/computer devices that said they were logged onto my ring account yesterday and then tonight he sent me a video and I heard his phone doing the same sound again. I know he doesn’t have a ring system so how can I disconnect him from being in my account and spying on me? I don’t know if he cloned my phone or what but it’s obvious he’s in my ring account somehow and seeing all my cameras views.

@HaleyJo wrote:
So I noticed the day we broke up my ex’s phone was making the motion detected sound when he was walking past the doorbell each time and at first I thought it was my phone until I saw it across the living room. I changed my password and disconnected all mobile/computer devices that said they were logged onto my ring account yesterday and then tonight he sent me a video and I heard his phone doing the same sound again. I know he doesn’t have a ring system so how can I disconnect him from being in my account and spying on me? I don’t know if he cloned my phone or what but it’s obvious he’s in my ring account somehow and seeing all my cameras views.

Hello @HaleyJo ,

I assume you are the “Owner” using your email/password with the Ring device and acoount? And then you probably had given your ex “Shared User” to access the device before. Double check: Main Menu (the 3 horizontal line icon in upper-left-corner of the Dashboard) > Control Center > Shared Users > your location “Manage” > and check to see if your ex is still listed as a Shared User.

If you do see the ex name there, tap on his name, scroll to the bottom and tap “Remove User.” Before as a Shared User, he was using his own Ring account, using his email/password, which now will no longer has ‘permission/access’ to your device. Anyone, even without a Ring device, can make a Ring online account, and you changing your “Owner” email/password login to Ring wouldn’t effect his access ability or his password if he is on your authorized Shared User list on your device.

Hopefully this is what is happening to you. If he is not on the Shared User listing, then you should telephone Ring Support to figure out how to remove him. You can telephone Ring Support:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372-Get-in-Touch

Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19, their available hours have been changed also:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041597471-Ring-s-Response-to-COVID-19

I hope you find this helpful :slight_smile: