MY DEVICES ARE CONSTANTLY NOT WORKING/DISCONNECTING/DELETING FOOTAGE

I have a security cam and a doorbell and they will randomly disconnect with no notification I have paid nearly $300 for each device I own and the membership is around $100 a YEAR just so that i can watch the recordings, yet I am genuinely booted off my devices FREQUENTLY and WITHOUT NOTIFICATION as is every shared user, forcing me to set them all up again after who knows how long since the devices just decided to stop recording!! I have had so many issues with Ring yet you refuse to send through any refunds and neither will Officeworks where I purchased the device from. This is beyond a joke. Give me a voucher or something at least; send me a free wifi chime I DONT know I just know that this was genuinely the biggest waste of money i’ve ever experienced and this isn’t fair!?

1 Like

Sorry to hear about this experience @sagerwly. This should not be happening, especially as much as it sounds to be. I recommend starting with removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device. Video recordings should definitely be viewable as long as your subscription is active. If your subscription has lapsed, or the subscription recording time frame has been reached (30 or 60 days depending on region), the prior videos are not viewable. Other than this instance, your videos should be available.

In addition to reinstalling the app, please also check your Ring devices’ RSSI, or wifi signal strength. Video concerns can often be related to wifi connection. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength. Feel free to let us know how this goes. We’re here to help! :slight_smile: