Multiple Chime Pro

I added a second chime pro to my system so I could hear alerts in my office and in anticipation of adding a flood light camera on our detatched garage. I only see one chime pro network. Is that the way it is supposed to be or should there be two? How will the new camera know which chime pro to connect to?

Hey @Silverbullet555. Once both Chime Pros are set up in the Ring app, they will then be broadcasting both networks, but you will only ever see the Chime Pro that has the best connection as the one available to connect to. The Chime Pros are always checking to see who has the better connection to the Ring camera or doorbell that is around it, and therefore will prompt you to connect to the better one. They also will connect to work hand in hand to provide the best mesh connection. When you add in the Floodlight Cam, make sure you are setting it up near the area of installation, so when it prompts to connect to the Chime Pro network, it will be with the one that has the best connection!

1 Like

@Chelsea_Ring

@Chelsea_Ring wrote:

Hey @Silverbullet555. Once both Chime Pros are set up in the Ring app, they will then be broadcasting both networks, but you will only ever see the Chime Pro that has the best connection as the one available to connect to. The Chime Pros are always checking to see who has the better connection to the Ring camera or doorbell that is around it, and therefore will prompt you to connect to the better one. They also will connect to work hand in hand to provide the best mesh connection. When you add in the Floodlight Cam, make sure you are setting it up near the area of installation, so when it prompts to connect to the Chime Pro network, it will be with the one that has the best connection!

Thank you.

On the app though I will always only see one chimepro network, correct? On the network will be both chime pro’s and the other devices. The system will choose which chimepro the camera connects to. I got all that?

Side question. When I upgrade my WIFI to a mesh network that will have coverage over the whole area, is there an advantage to putting all the devices on the WIFI network vs the ring network?

@Silverbullet555 You got it all right! :slight_smile:

To address your side question, it really all depends, so you’ll run into a lot of trial and error! Most times, when you add in the mesh network, there is no need to have the Chime Pro devices, as they were acting like a mesh network. Although, if you find the connection to your Ring devices is still weak, you may want to then reconnect them to the Chime Pro network > your wifi mesh network. I recommend to give both ways a try to see what works better.

Or maybe you just want to hear those lovely Chimes, which would be a good reason to keep the devices connected! :joy_cat:

@Chelsea_Ring

If I connect the devices to my own mesh, can you no longer get the chimes? I need those as I can’t hear the chimes. I hope I didn’t waste my money on the 2nd chime pro I just bought.

@Silverbullet555 Sorry for any confusion on my end, you definitely still can get the chimes, even if the Ring device is not connected to the Chime Pro network. I more so meant, connected to your app! Sorry again for that, you can still have them connected through “Linked Chimes.” :joy_cat:

1 Like