MULTICAM VIEW MOTION TO AUTOMATIC CAM VIEW IS A LIFE OR DEATH FEATURE THAT THE DISABLED AND ELDERLY DEPEND ON, AND TO REMOVE FROM ALL iOS DEVICES IS UNCONSCIONABLE

Ring,
MULTICAM VIEW MOTION TO AUTOMATIC CAM VIEW IS A LIFE OR DEATH FEATURE THAT THE DISABLED AND ELDERLY DEPEND ON, AND TO REMOVE FROM ALL iOS DEVICES IS UNCONSCIONABLE.

Up until your last update in November 2021, I could do the following on an iPad:
For years, I had my iPad in multi cam view, so I could see all three cameras at once and upon motion, the app would automatically show me the camera with motion without me touching the iPad. After motion was ended, it would go back to the multi cam view on its own. When I say multi cam view, I mean I see three camera angles from three different cameras on one screen which only updates still pics every minute or so. For years it would automatically show me the camera with motion without touching the iPad. As of November 2021 update that function has been removed from all iOS devices because you want to sell Echo show. While the Echo show automatically goes to the camera angle with motion, it does NOT show multi-cam mode like an iPad and removes a iOS feature I was promised when I bought this system including 3 cams years ago.

As a paying monthly subscription member, I have the right to use any device I want to use this feature that you removed. I bought the system with the promise it would do exactly this. This is a bait and switch. You may not think it’s important or it’s a money grab to sell more Echo shows, but your Echo show doesn’t do all the things that the iPad used to do only two months ago. You must restore this feature for all iOS devices, or at the very least you need to restore it for paying monthly subscription members.

You may not think this feature is important, but it is life-saving. We have all been conditioned to ignore the sound of the motion notification which is why it’s important to be able to see all the cameras in one glance. If this feature had not been discontinued I would not have had my outdoor lights stolen as I would have not ignored a video that automatically would’ve shown the theft in progress. I only heard a motion notification which we all ignore or shows a still from minutes ago showing nothing wrong. Had you not removed the feature, I could’ve pressed the siren and my stuff wouldn’t have been stolen.

Before the feature was removed I also had a similar incident with an intruder. Because my elderly mother was able to see at a glance without getting up to have to press a button to see a camera angle automatically shown by motion, the siren she pressed may very well have saved her life. Now I dread her having no idea who is at the front door until it’s too late as she wouldn’t make it to the iPad in time or wouldn’t even know she needed to as the iPad would no longer immediately show her the intruder.

MULTICAM VIEW MOTION TO AUTOMATIC CAM VIEW IS A LIFE OR DEATH FEATURE THAT THE DISABLED AND ELDERLY DEPEND ON, AND TO REMOVE FROM ALL iOS DEVICES IS UNCONSCIONABLE.

Please restore this feature immediately, at the very least for paying subscribers.

Please re-read my post. That’s not what I’m talking about.