Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
R
Motion Zone Schedules
hardwired-security-cameras
app-settings

I live on a street with a lot of traffic during the day. It would be VERY helpful if I could set up a schedule for each motion zone. That would allow me to use 1 zone to monitor close to the house all day which would avoid capturing every car or person that goes by AND have a second zone that monitors the street late night to early morning to catch potential criminal activity.

20-01-2024 07:22:47

Responses (2)

L

People have been asking about this feature for years. Its XXXX and this still isn’t a thing, unbelievable!

I also simply need one smaller motion zone during the day, and a different larger motion zone at night.

Been in the Ring ecosystem for about 5 years, several cameras and paying premium subscription every year. Over $1,XXXX deep in the Ring platform and had to buy a cheap $50 camera from China to get the job done that Ring can’t do.

I feel trapped in the Ring platform, thus everyone who asks about cameras I tell them… DON’T GET RING.

This is costing Ring a ton of money, Ring do you want me to write the code for you to make this happen?

22-01-2024 03:38:07

J

Hi, would it be possible to add a feature to the current motion zones feature. Whilst we currently are able to set motion zones for specific areas. It would be great to be able to have these activate (or become active) during specific times.

For example “Default” covers the route to my door and “Zone 1” covers my back gate. But I only want “Zone 1” active from 22:00hrs - 08:00hrs.

Is there a way to make these zones activate further customisable.

Thanks

21-03-2024 09:39:14

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User