Motion Zone + Active/Inactive (bring back old feature!)

Bring back the ability to make motion zones active/inactive! Now can only delete them to have to make new ones.

In a fairly old version of the Ring App for the Ring Doorbell Pro there was the ability to make motion zones active or inactive. Please bring that back!!! It went away sometime in 2020 and has been a pain ever since.

Now the only option is to delete motion zones and/or turn motion detection off. I had 3 zones and would activate one from time to time and don’t like that now I have to delete it only to make it again when I want/need it. Was so much easier to fine tune the motion area and then make it inactive if I didn’t want that area monitored.

Example of use: Landscaper day I make an area of the lawn inactive so I don’t get tons of alerts while work is being done in the yard. Otherwise, I want to have the area active to catch punks letting their dogs drop their gifts in my grass.

Please bring back the ability to make a motion zone “active” or “inactive”! Would put if over the top to be able to schedule motion alerts per motion zone, but know that would be too much hard work for all the different devices. But adding a flag for active/inactive should be programming 101!

It is a pain to have to delete and redraw the zones each time you deactivate/activate them.

I got around this by dragging the zone I wanted to temporarily deactivate so it was over one of the other zones. I would then drag it back to it’s correct position to reactivate it. Luckily, in my case, the zone to be deactivated was smaller than the others.

Like you I cannot see why the active/inactive flag was removed in the first place!