Motion Sensor v2 Tamper Message

So I needed to move a motion sensor which was not a big deal. Open the back cover by sliding the cover up about 1/8 inch out of the guides holding it in place. Move the sensor and reinstall the back cover and expected the TAMPER error message to clear. N O T

I’m sure it all centers around that tiny little piece of plastic that serves as the tamper sensor that broke off when I slid the cover off.

What a piece of garbage if removing the back cover to move the sensor, or heaven forbid you need to change the AA batteries inside. Doing so will ruin your sensor!

Disappointed at this stage of alarm ownership if this is the build quality I can expect.

Hi there, @BradB! Removing the Motion Detector cover will indeed result in a tampered message, however, reattaching the cover it is intended to clear that message. The internal components should be organized and tucked away, to not interfere with removing the Motion Detector cover. As it sounds like that wasn’t the case in this instance, this could be the culprit in preventing the tamper message from clearing. If removing and reinserting the batteries, and reattaching the cover did not result in clearing the tamper message, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thank you for your response, however my problem is that removing the cover as one would have to do to change batteries resulted in the trip sensor ( tiny plastic piece ) breaking off thus resulting in a Tamper error message that can’t be cleared. My issue is that following the instructions for removing the cover resulted in the damaged trip sensor. It is a very flimsy design is what I am saying.

So Ring, I just went out and had to purchase a replacement motion sensor for the sensor that broke while I removed the back cover to move it… Again I really don’t think the design is one that will standup to the ravages of time, but we’ll see. I’m just a little disappointed is all. The sensor should NOT break by simply removing the back cover according to your instructions.