Motion issue

Since the last Ring update, we have had an issue with our Ring 3 door bell not picking up all motions, we’ve gone from it missing the odd one to missing at least half now, also it’s recording the odd blank video. I’ve tested everything and all seems ok. I am seriously considering taking it out and changing to another brand, it is really frustrating as we do rely on it

Same. People walk past 3 of my cameras but only the last camera records the event. All cameras are linked. This is unacceptable. All the cameras should record the event as the person passes each camera.

1 Like

Hi neighbors! Sometimes with motion settings, it takes some additional testing and trial and error to find what works best for you. Here are a few things you can check:

• What is the RSSI for your Ring Doorbell? If your RSSI is on the higher end, it could indicate an unstable wifi connection which could impact your Doorbell’s ability to detect motion reliably.
  • Review our Doorbell Motion Detection Optimization Guide to see if there are any settings you can change or any adjustments you can make that may work better for you.

Everyone’s home and environment is different, so what works for one neighbor may not work for another. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for more in-depth troubleshooting assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I had the same problem. I tried putting sensitivity to maximum and tweaked the motion zones but didn’t manage to cure it until I set the Motion Frequency to “Frequently”. Since then it’s been perfect and never missed a thing. The downside is the battery drains about 10-15% each week, so you either need a spare, fully charged battery (£20 from Argos) or wire it to a transformer, which is similar cost.

1 Like