Motion detection or sensitivity schedules

I would like to ask about a possible product enhancement. I really like the the Ring solar lights and am very impressed with the battery life and sensitivity . One issue I have noticed is that I need a different motion sensitivity setting for day and night. During daytime low works well. At Night or when I arm my security system, I would like to enhance my range. A nice feature enhancement would be able to set a schedule for either motion detection or motion sensitivity. This way you can scale detection to conditions. This in conjunction with the alarm system would be very powerful and optimize battery life of linked devices (example stick up cams)

Please consider adding the ability to schedule changes to camera motion sensitivity. I would like my cameras to have increased sensitivity during daylight hours and then reduced sensitivity at night.

I find the nearly all of the false motion alerts I receive are when it is dark our or raining, car headlight glare (especially off wet pavement) is the main culprit. Currently because I dont want to adjust the setting manually each day I just leave my motion threshold setting reduced all the time.

Can developers enable Modes for smart lighting? Or include motion detection as part of the light schedules? It would be nice to have an easy way to control when my floodlight should or shouldn’t be responding to motion.

1 Like

During the day I get a lot of false alerts due to shadows.

However, at night I’d like to turn sensitivity up to the maximum sensitivity due to higher risk at night. But this would cause more daytime false alarms.

I’d like to be able to configure motion sensitivity / configuration based on a schedule. (particularly daytime vs nightime).

I am on the battery ring spotlight cam if it makes a difference but this probably is applicable to any of the security cams.

Other threads on this topic that I’ve found:

Just installed the solar yard lights and found that you can’t schedule motion. Either it’s on all day, even during daylight, or they have to be turned off manually . I don’t get it since every other motion device allows for a daily schedule.

Right now, the lights can only be set to go on w/ motion and the only thing I can schedule is when ALERTS are sent.

What I want is motion detection (and hence lights going on) to be able to be on a timer.

1 Like

WE NEED THIS. It’s frustrating having to remember to turn my flood light on and off because the scheduling options are so poor.

100% agree. Facing a busy city street makes it a necessity to set the sensitivity on low during the day.
At night, when riskbis higher and street traffic is low, I want to be able to set camera sensitivity at a higher level