Motion activated by flag

I installed my Ring 2 doorbell this morning and keep getting motion alerts due to the American flag mounted on my porch fluttering in the breeze. I’m not crazy about moving the flag to the corner of the house, but will if I have to.

Any other options? Thanks!

See if you can set the motion zone to exclude the area where the flag is waving. You still may get enough coverage to catch other motion.

1 Like

Brad - I did that and it works great. Thanks.

1 Like

Awesome! We’re gonna go ahead and accept Brad’s answer as a solution :slight_smile: Thanks for being great neighbors!

My flag is hanging right off the side of my porch open 60 or there’s no way I can exclude it without excluding most of the area. I want to see when my flight is in person at my door, so what do I do?

Hi @user39389. If there is an object in the frame that is moving, it will more than likely be detected as motion. Unless you move the object out of the frame, you’ll continue to get motion notifications. If this is too large an area to exclude, you may not be able to decrease the notifications.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.