More or Custom Chime and Chirp Tones in the Ring App

@Audrey wrote:

I would love to be able to choose seasonal ringtones all year round, and a more variety of tones.

Hello @Audrey ,

If you had a “Custom” option then you could import any seasonal/holiday sound or chime that you desire. You would not be limited to the choices that Ring selects, nor be disappointed when Ring removes that seasonal sound. Add your Kudo vote to the link below if you like the idea of having Customized App Alert Tones & customized Chirp Tones.

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Custom-Alerts-Chirp-Sounds-selections/idi-p/4941…

Please make the seasonal ringtones available again

There needs to be a way to change the push alert tone on the ring alarm. I need to know that it is an alarm notice and needs to be loud enough to wake me in the night. This is a must for self monitoring.

Hello. I know many are asking about having a Chime Pro, and want different chimes for each doorbell. I have seen Google searches where they say it is possible, but I am not sure which devices they are talking about.

We specifically have two Wired Ring Doorbell ($50.00) and one Ring Chime Pro. We have wirelessly connected each Wired Doorbell to the single Chime Pro, but I cannot find a way in the app to associate each doorbell to its own Chime Pro sound.

Is this possible with the configuration listed above, or do I need a second chime to have a different sound for each doorbell.

Thanks.

Just another 2nd. Hear, hear.

It would be nice to have custom alert tones or have voice tones.
I use a different alert tone for each of my cameras. There are not enough tones. I woudl really like my phone to say, “Motion alert backdoor camera."

Is there a way to customize Alert tone options for iPhone? Existing options are extremely lame, many of the tones are simply annoying and not helpful. Plus the ones specifying location seem to have disappeared, such as motion at your back yard etc. Seems to me a no brainer to include a bunch of these, for example Front Yard, Driveway, Garage, Pool, Side Yard, Back Yard, Deck, Patio etc. What is so hard about providing that???

1 Like

Just attempting to add my voice to the call for the ability to have 2 or 3 Customised Alert tones that could be stored maybe as mp3 files for the Ring Video Doorbell Wired. :sunglasses:

Add me to the list. I’m demoing a ring alarm system now to replace existing alarm system. This is a con on my list for keeping the ring system.

We would like to customize OUR Ring doorbell tones!! I Personally want “Three’s Company” theme song playing! Personally puts me in the mood 4company!!! Whats stopping US??:face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

I was able to setup a custom ring tone on my Android phone. But unable to do so on my Alexa device. Or in the Ring app on my computer

Need a less intrusive tone option: a single “pin drop” or “ping” will do. (Many ring cams at 4 locations, multiple devices xylophoning me to death). Should also be a “SLEEP/SILENCE!” function that works across sites/devices for a selectable period, I don’t want to reprogram four devices just to get some sleep.

I have a small Ring network in my home…4 indoor stick-up cams and 1 doorbell cam. All working well but have a suggestion for alert tones. There is a finite list of tones from which to choose when you set the camera alert settings. Nice list, but generic tones. What I need, at 3AM, when the motion is detected, to know exactly and quickly where the motion is occurring. Now I hear the tone and have to guess where the motion was detected. Even if I have a unique tone per stick-up camera, it requires one to remember which tone is for which camera…not good at 3AM in a stressful moment. Currently, I’d have to open the app to see what zone is impacted. Even the notifications in the iPhone settings requires one to visually verify the alert location. Time is critical.

Suggest, like the iPhone ring tones, allow the user to customize the ring tone for each camera. For instance, the user could program his/her living room cam to use an audible alert like “Motion in the Living Room” as the 1st indication of an alert. That way, at 3AM, the user hears the exact location of the alert and does not need to struggle to find the phone and view the notifications. Second really count if there were threats in the home.

Appreciate your feedback on this suggestion…thanks for your time!

Agree 100%. “Motioned detected in Driveway” “Motion detected in East/West/NorthSouth side”
Motion detected in the Garage/Storage area”

“Motion detected at your Back Door

The current set of pre-programmed Device Names for Audible Alerts is very small: Front Door, Back Door, Front, Back, Side, …

Please add to this list. Examples:

1. Side Door
  2. Deck
  3. Pool
  4. Garage
  5. Shop
  6. Barn
  7. North
  8. South
  9. East
  10. West
  11. etc …

Even better, you could announce any word that I type in the alert.

Also, once I set a Device Name, there is no way to go back and see the list of available pre-programmed Device Names. This is a problem if you decide to add more.

I bought these because I thought they’d emulate the base and we could select what they do… Not just cameras… I want these to let me know when a door/window sensor is activated like the base and alarm pad. I have them in places like the basement where I don’t need an alarm pad but want to know if someone comes in. It would also be cool to be able to change the tone for each device… Even on the base… So I could tell if it was a door or window that was opened…

When are you guys going to be able to offer custom chimes other than just during the holidays?
I would love to be able to do Disney chimes.
Or just something that is more specific to my household. You guys have such a state of the art product but you are so behind on this feature

It can’t be too difficult to add a normal ‘old school persistent ringing bell sound’ Chime tone to the list of available ones in the app. I asked about this over a year ago but nothing has happened. It would sound like the sound file below (No Video).

I want to be able to customize the sounds. Imagine being able to rotate through Seinfeld bass tracks every time the doorbell is pressed!

The chime options are limited. Specifically, a chime that is has a short duration and louder. For example legacy alarm systems from Honeywell use a short, sharp “beep beep beep”.