More or Custom Chime and Chirp Tones in the Ring App

Fully agree. The stock tones are awful for a product this expensive. All I want is a normal bell sound rather than all this fancy stuff.

1 Like

YES.
My dogs go straight into fight mode when the chimes go off.
I want to change it to a boxing ring bell.

1 Like

Would love to have a larger variety of chimes. The ability to customize your chime tone would be amazing and fun especially like me who has twin grandkids who are 4 and is into Frozen and Marvel.

3 Likes

This is SOOO important to get done. I have repeatedly rotated through every simple/short Alert tone in the app because my dog goes bonkers when he hears the alert from my phone. He races to the window and barks like crazy, knowing the alert means someone is passing by. And when he starts barking, my other dog (who is blind and partly deaf and not reacting to the alert), also starts barking. Itā€™s a cacophony of dog talk. Iā€™ve had to change my alert every 2 weeks, which is about how long it takes for my Rottweiler to consistently connect the tone with the activity outside. At this point, Iā€™m ready to turn off my alerts, which partially defeats the purpose of having a Ring Doorbell to know when someone is outside. Iā€™d like to be able to download any sound files, or even use some of the other notification sounds already on my iPhone (that I donā€™t use for other apps, because who needs a barking frenzy for every email that comes in, right?!).

2 Likes

This should have been a thing from the start. We should be able to upload anything we want on our personal devices we paid for.

I canā€™t believe custom ringtones havenā€™t been implemented yet. Especially since ring has pushed ā€œAdams Familyā€ and Christmas tones. An import feature to customize device and location notifications should be a high priority for the development team.
Itā€™s available on the competition.

2 Likes

I REALLY REALLY want to be able to set my doorā€™s chime to something from Starfleet- yeah, im a big nerd.

2 Likes

Uploading custom sounds, like .was or .mp3 files, would be amazing, especially for holidays. Imagine the potential for eerie sounds when trick or treaters ring your bell on Halloween! This would be awesome. Please add such an option. Thanks!

I just mentioned this to them on Twitter and they asked me to come to the boards and then I find this. I think there are too few tones in the selection area. The ability to get short snips of sound files you might want to add to your alerts would be very cool. Also, the ability to add certain tones to certain cams will allow you to know if you need to check that cam at that moment or just when you can.

All in all I think there should be more tones included, perhaps like 3 or 4 different windchime sounds as a start or something.

As a note, I would like a couple cat sounds for a couple indoor cams I have LOL

1 Like

I want the jetsons ring tone!

1 Like

Yes please. Standard chime tones are awful. Family really doesnā€™t like them. Whole Ring experience has been tainted by just that one thing.

I would love this feature, too! Please do it!

Still no updates on this? Iā€™ve been able to add custom tones on my phoneā€™s ring tone for like over 15 years nowā€¦why canā€™t we add it to the chime. At the very least why canā€™t we have the seasonal ones all year round? Iā€™d rather have Deck the halls than some of the ridiculous default ones.

I completely agree. We spent most of yesterday working through the different available chime tones, and hated them all. Every one too electronic. We want just a simple ding dong, that is not electronic sounding, and doesnā€™t go on for ages. Just a short 3 second chime is all that is needed.

1 Like

I TOTALLY AGREE along with the thousands of people who are requesting this.

Ring, PLEASE update the Ring Tones and Alerts to include more items, the seasonal ones you have added previously keep them all year round, and PLEASE allow your users to add their own custom tone/alert.

I am totally bored with the default tones & alerts that come as standard, and believe that this is something that could making a massive difference when choosing between your doorbell & a competitorā€™s.

Your customers have been asking for this feature for years, please do something about it ASAP, because I myself want to scream every time my doorbell goes off now and all the other tones I find even worse.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CHANGE THIS

1 Like

Oh pls pls let me change the ring tone to a scream during Halloween!

1 Like

Iā€™m giving up my Honeywell wireless doorbell for this thing. My old $29 wireless kit had a USB port where I could drop an MP3 on it and use that for the doorbell. Iā€™m stunned (and frankly, disgusted) that a $200 kit from a company like Amazon is missing such a simple thing!

Adding my +1 here. Hopefully this feature will be added, it is obviously both wanted and needed. Personally, i could go so much futher with this type of feature, custom text to speech for instance, but I would settle for being able to add my own sounds.

Sometimes I like to know if there is motion near my door, but I donā€™t want everyone around me to know the same thing. My own choice of discreet tone seems such a basic option. Please crack on

1 Like

I have my Chime Pro 2 at the front door because the signal is weak getting to the door bell button. Seeing how many parcels get stolen from the front of peopleā€™s houses, I would like to give the impression that there is someone in the house by using motion detection and playing sound on the chime. So far so good. Obviously one of the doorbell rings will not work for this purpose. That leaves only the dog barking noise. My wife is already sensitive to the dog over the back fence that barks continuously, but in the end a dog barking inside the house is not going to stop some thief from walking off with my Amazon deliveries. I want to record some of our own background noise - talking, TV etc and have it play on the chime when motion is detected, leaving any would-be thieves with the impression that someone is in the house. As several commenters have said, this ought not to be too hard to do. If you canā€™t figure it out, Android is Open Source, go see how Google did it.

1 Like