More options to search and filter videos

Is there any way we can search video by dates? Stop forcing me to scroll through videos in sequential orders. For example if I want to look at footages from 30 days ago then I am forced to scroll through a list of videos from day 1 to day 29.

Not very efficient and is very time consuming

4 Likes

I am in a high traffic area so I get a lot of videos I think you need much better search options so I don’t spend the whole day looking for one video!

1 Like

I agree. Searching through hundreds of videos just doesn’t work. Especially where both the website and app provide no assistance by filters. Plus the scrolling is very poor.

2 Likes

I agree. This is ridiculous. Nest is so much better about finding what you are looking for. I am trying to help a neighbor identify a car for a burglary and it’s going to take me an hour to look at something from last week.

1 Like

Web UI for searching for recorded videos is basically unusable. There is no easy way to hop around trying to locate a point in time where something goes missing (or arrives). Imagine doing a binary search over a 2 month range trying to find a video where something is in a particular area of the video frame. There should be an easy way to say filter to videos where motion happens in a rectangle of the video frame.

1 Like

Hello - could you look at updating the app to make it easier to find a motion recording from a specific time period on a particular day?
Perhaps the filter feature could include date and time slot?
To say look for a video from 1pm yesterday I currently have to scroll for several minutes from midnight through many motion recordings

2 Likes

Searching for past videos at a particular time would be made easier if we could first choose the date of the video then go to a specific time or time period. For example, if I know my event took place around 2pm on a particular day, I have to first go to that day, then scroll through 14 hours of footage (depending on motion settings) to find my video.

3 Likes