More Options to Filter Event History by Time/Date/Location/Device

What is the status of the greatly needed feature to permit filtering of device event history by time of day? Having been a programmer and data analyst, this additional filter option would be very easy to implement.

When I get up in the morning, I want to be able to review any motion or person triggered recordings that may have been made during the night. I would prefer to filter by a “night” data tag versus having to scroll through a list of events.

But we all know that night begins and ends at different times each day; therefore, …

Another option, provided the recorded data is available, is to provide a filter based on night time or day time conditions in the videos. After a video is processed, the resulting file would be tagged with “day” or “night” based on either the lighting in the video or when “dusk” and “dawn” begin. If the Ring device owner also provides zip code in the account, then all events can receive additional tags like day, dusk, night, and dawn (the data could be calculated or extracted from various public databases maintained by NASA, NOAA, and so forth).

Add to the Ring user interface a start time selector, a stop time selector, an integer for tagging a general time of day, and an general time of day selector, then a very nice enhancement could be implemented (assuming the video files also get some additional attribute storage items). This, of course, means the Ring Event History Database would need some adjustment.

2 Likes

New to the community-sorry if this is an old subject. I’m the property superintendent for a church. I have 13 Ring devices around our campus and it would be nice to be able to check who is at our doors at odd hours of the night. Is there any way to sort so just certain hours can be displayed? We have a preschool on-site so trying to scroll thru all the clips thru the day is tedious to say the least. Thanks in advance!

When looking at past notifications on the ring app for all types of cameras, if it’s 5pm and I want to view a notification at 8am, I have scroll back through sometimes 100s of notifications. Why can’t we search previous notifications by imputing a date and time? Would make it much easier to view.

Can you folks look into adding the ability to filter & show only those events that fall within user-specified date/time criteria? I think this would be really useful for people that periodically review their camera footage looking for possible issues, like late-night, “car door rattlers”.

For example, if someone were interested in seeing only the motion events that:

• were generated by my “driveway Spotlight Cam”,
  • in the date range of 04/26/20 - 05/02/20,
  • between the hours of 10:00PM - 6:00AM

this would elimate a lot of scolling through irrelevant captured events.

1 Like

Please make this a feature soon! It’ll save time when going through the enourmous amounts motion detected activities. I’ve spent way too much time trying to determine, by time of course , of possible related incidents in the area!

1 Like

Please make this a feature…would save so much time when trying to look for a certain time/day video.

1 Like

PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE

Surely the might of Amazon could add this in 30mins flat. I have 3 cameras and the app is almost unusable when needed to search for specific events/dates/times

1 Like

In the event viewer add a filter to only show events during a certain time range. Personally I only want to see motion events from 11pm to 5am when I wouldn’t expect to see any motion.

I have this same request & found a larger thread about the same topic, so please upvote here: More Options to Filter Event History by Time/Date/Location/Device

This feature would allow the user of the Ring App to select and go directly to specific time frames throughout the day.

Example: Let’s say we know we had a UPS delivery on the prior day around 10:47 pm. Currently I am able to select the day however, I have to scroll through the entire day until I get to 10:41pm.

This is really inconvenient when recalling a prior event.

The new selectable time frames would present the user with time slots from 12am - 12pm in 15 minute increments. It would look like this.

12:00 am
12:15 am
12:30 am
12:45 am
1:00 am
1:15:am
1:30 am
1:45 am

and it would continue throughout the day till midnight leading into the following day.

In addition to selectable time frames, the user will have the ability to see a small thumbnail of the start of each time frame. This would serve as a GUIDE to locate a specific event quickly without continuous scrolling.

The benefits of this feature would be SPEED! This allows the user to quickly access a specific time frames from the menu and download, save or send it to someone if they needed to.

Along with the selectable time frames, a feature named “Custom Events” should also work with selectable time frame.

This feature will allow the user to create and label their own events. Let’s say there is some suspicious activity that happens on a Friday at 4:46Pm. While viewing the footage, the user has some options like save, download and “Add To Events”.

When the user selects “Add To Events” it will take them to a screen where they can select from predefined events or click “create custom event” or “add to custom event”.

If the user creates a customer event, the app allows them to select the time RANGE and the date or dates that the event occurred .

This purpose of this feature is to allow the user the ability to group certain similar events together for quick recall.

1 Like

I’m only interested in events lat at night. Please add time filters.

This is a basic that most camera software has, yet the Ring software currently doesn’t.
Let’s make it easy to search for events! Fully support this idea!

Please also filter by “Person Detected” and not only “Motion”.

Add a time-based filter that can be applied across multiple days, e.g. between the hours of 12am-6am daily, person detected events. This is helpful when looking for unexpected person detected events, common with car break-ins, etc.

1 Like

So Ring Support encourages its Ring Users to use “Feature Request Board” and vote. This particular feature as everyone can see is highly needed and anticipated since June 2020. Fast forward to today (January 2024) and nothing happened.

Ring Support please provide what is the status of this feature, has it been approved for implementation, when it will be added? Should we be waiting another 4 years? I have properties in Europe and bought security cameras in Europe for my house, simple and cheap China knock off has feature to filter your recording by date. But not one of the most popular Security Camera in the US (The RING)

1 Like

Contacted Ring support on this “missing feature”.
Please Ring, make it happen… it shouldn’t be that hard.
Add 2 additional fields for Time range “From” & “To” So we can look if anything happened between eg : 10pm & 6am through all the saved events

1 Like

I need to search for odd times for a family member behavior who has with Alzheimer but the web and mobile app both lack the ability to filter by time, making such searches quite difficult. Please add this feature. You have the info already in the system.