More Options to Filter Event History by Time/Date/Location/Device

I would like to be able to filter Events History by event and device type (beyond the 3 meta categories).

I have a lot of connected devices that generate a ton of events. It is very difficult to locate events generated by a specific device. W

e should be given a lot more filtering options, including boolean-type (AND/OR/NOT).

There should also be better time range filtering, not just by date.

I would like more options for filtering camera video history. I have multiple locations (home and business) with several cameras each and if I need to go back to find footage from a few days prior, I often have to scroll through hundreds of events. There should be an option to search a specific day/location/camera. For example, I want to see the footage from the backyard camera from last Thursday, there should be an option to see events from that camera only and be able to select a specific date. At the very least, be able to search events from a specific camera only.

1 Like

I have multiple cameras. When I go to History > Cameras in the app I often have to scroll a long way to see my doorbell camera. Would love an option to quickly filter by camera so I can see history results for only my doorbell camera to minimize clutter and scrolling.

Although this would be nice from the Home Screen, you can access this by clicking on your camera and the ā€˜Event Historyā€™ tile.

This option is only available for the actual doorbell. I have a camera positioned pointing at my mailbox and would like to be able to select just that camera, or just the driveway side of the house (if Iā€™m looking for packages dropped off but donā€™t want to see all the times my dogs are on the backdoor camera).

It seems a simple request?

I want to view the history of a specific bell/camera location rather than the motion history of all devices. Finding 3 triggers from one location amongst the 70+ of the other is a poor user experience.

I want to filter my Ring Camera History so it only lists events that occurred say between 10 pm and 6 am every day for the past week. Does that feature exist? If not, how can I submit that as a feature request?
Thanks.

1 Like

In the ā€œhistoryā€ section you can filter by ā€œdateā€ but not ā€œTimeā€ - for example, I only want to see events/alerts between 2:00am and 6:00am. This would be a great help!

1 Like

Weā€™ve waited for years for this simple, obvious feature and Iā€™ve given up. Iā€™m looking at other systems to replace my Ring cameras.

After Amazon acquired Ring, progress stalled. At some point you realize that the ultimate purpose of any Amazon product is to try and tie you in to other Amazon products. You never get the features you really need or want,

2 Likes

Yeah seriously Ring. This is clearly a no brainer feature.

Itā€™s so tedious trying to go back through and find events that happened during the night over several weeks/months.

1 Like

This is not a difficult filter to apply, why is it taking so long?

1 Like

So right Perry M
These are simple standard features for a database.
Search using
Select >> Date&/Time OR Filetype }__ Filter is depending upon Filter Select [below]
Filter with >> Unanswered OR Motion }
Options: Save to OR Delete OR Review [default]

example:

search using Select[Date] AND [Time] AND [Filetype] and R [default]
Search using "201222 " AND ā€œ1500 - 2000ā€ AND U[nanswered] AND S[ave]
Date and time could be Start/End points, or default to 24 hours !

And I havenā€™t coded in SQL, DCL etc since 2010

I might even do a search of SQL procedures to match this.

1 Like

I agree! I need to filter events to only view those in the middle of the night.

If this basic feature is needed by so many users, why doesnā€™t Ring just add it? Surely the ROI would be sufficient to justify this time investment.

I love my Ring system for starters! Itā€™d be great if when managing event history for deletion if there was a day or date-range option. The blocks (25,50 etc.) are great but itā€™d be helpful to be able to delete blocks of videos by day or date.

When reviewing footage captured on my doorbell i am only interested in whatā€™s happened overnight, my door is close to the pavement so gets a lot of action during the day. I would like to be able to either filter my footage to nighttime only or switch off motion detection during daylight.

Totally agree. When I look at the app and have 9+ events marked against camera Iā€™m not interested in the 20 clips of the mrs going in and out all day, but I would really like a big red marker for the 1 clip of someone lurking in my garden at 4am!!!
Or the filter to look at all clips 2400-0600

Pretty simple and common ask I would think

I believe ring needs to add a feature where Date Range Filtering is supported.

1 Like

How is this not upvoted more? I have an issue and I need to see between 5PM and 8AMā€¦ other than scrolling through events each day, there is no option. Itā€™s so painful and time consuming

For both security cameras and doorbell videos, it would be nice to FILTER videos by a time range. For example, i want to view all camera activity between 10pm and 6am on any give day.

1 Like

I agree! We work from home and have a lot of history of us going in and out of our various entrys. What I want to see are the ā€œexceptionā€ videos, those that happen late at night or early morning, say between 11pm and 5 am without having to scroll thru ALL the daily videos. Seems like a " no brainer" filter option.

2 Likes