Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
C
More options for Privacy Zones: adjustable shape and size, more zones
battery-video-doorbell
app-settings
wireless-security-cameras
app-request
It would be great if we could get privacy zones that aren’t restricted to squares and rectangles. For me, my neighbours can’t be blocked out with rectangles, I would need a triangle shape. It would be great if Ring could add this feature as mine goes off so often from my neighbour’s movement.

07-09-2020 07:39:22

Responses (34)

K
Privacy zones should be the same zone set up as motion zones. You should be able to manually switch on light group(s) similar to the snooze button then allowing selected light groups or all Many thanks and regards Keith UK 12 x Flood Cams

19-04-2020 06:18:52

S
This is a great idea.

29-09-2020 08:06:30

H
Hi... The Privacy Zones can only be done in square block shapes. It would be great if you could shape them like the Motion Zone Dectors so you can get the perfect shape and not cut half the picture off please. My garden view is a diagnol slope and i can only use privacy blocks to block next doors garden out but it cuts half my fence off as you cant shape the privacy zone like the motion zone. Many thanks in advance.

01-12-2020 03:34:18

M
Privacy zones are an important feature to adhere to local laws in some areas. Like many other feature requests I'd like to be able to be mir flexible with the size and form of the privacy zones. Right now the blocks I can create are just too big and only straight vertical and horizontal lines are possible. I second the request to allow zones like motion zones for privacy zones too.

13-12-2020 11:58:32

H
Hi the ring privacy zone can only be in rectangle or square shapes so when using to block out both sides in the garden it blocks a big part of camera viewing. With motion zone you can make many different shapes triangles ect... please can you make privacy zones like motion so big square blocks does not block viewing. Many thanks. Ps keep up the great work ring is simply amazing.

06-01-2021 06:02:56

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User