Monitoring

Hi, I have the Plus plan but I get a message saying “Ring Alarm is Self Monitored”. Can you explain why it’s not included in the plan I selected when it states that you get 24/7 monitoring?

@cburrell88 wrote:
Hi, I have the Plus plan but I get a message saying “Ring Alarm is Self Monitored”. Can you explain why it’s not included in the plan I selected when it states that you get 24/7 monitoring?

Changing your Monitoring Type

You can exit the 7-Day Practice Mode at any time, by changing your monitoring status. Once you leave Practice Mode, you can’t re-enter it at a later time. But once you sign up for Professional Monitoring, you can switch between Professional Monitoring and Self-Monitoring as needed.

To change your monitoring status:

• In the Ring app, open the menu.

• Tap Location Settings.

• Tap Monitoring.

• Tap Monitoring Type.

• Choose the new type of monitoring you want.

• If you enable Professional Monitoring, you will be prompted to choose a Primary and Secondary Contact and a Verbal Password.
    • If you are in Practice Mode, you will need to Exit Practice Mode and confirm that you want to exit.
    • If you are enrolled in Professional Monitoring and want to change to Self Monitoring, tap Self Monitoring and confirm that you want to end professional monitoring.
    • If you are enrolled in Self-Monitoring and want to change to Professional Monitoring, tap Professional Monitoring and confirm that you want to enable professional monitoring.
1 Like