Mode schedule for Doorbells and Cameras

I’m really surprised this doesn’t exist. I literally have 100 unwanted recordings of us walking around the house per day that I have to scroll through just to look at the ones in the evening which I am interested in. I shouldn’t have to manually turn motion on and off every morning and evening, it’s a pain.

Correct. Please search out my post on this in Feature Request and upvote it. I believe that will also bump it to the top for others to see again and vote on.

With the existing Modes it wouldn’t be great to have the ability to set scheduled modes. For instance if the time is X set mode to disarmed to prevent nuisance from motion notifications, after set time set mode automatically back to home.

I set it to disarmed when it’s passed a time at night and tend to forget to switch it back to home the following day so this would like a great feature.

Agree this would be a great feature.

Also, be good to have schedules that were specific to a Mode. Eg be able to have a disable motion alerts for a Home Mode and yet not have this apply to the system when in Away Mode?

I would love to see a schedule feature with Modes as well. I am constantly forgetting to switch it back to Home or Disarm. This shoukd be easy for Ring to do. What reason is there not???

Surely being able to schedule modes has to be top of the priorities. Most people work between certain times so only makes sense to be able to schedule your cameras or alarms to Away mode automatically.

Ring, we really need a way to schedule the alarm to Home, Away or Disarmed. This will avoid the “I forgot to arm it” before going to bed, work, etc. Having a timer count down during automatic arming would be ideal. Thank you.

Will you be created a way to schedule the Modes to switch when needed. I’d like to be able to schedule away mode at night time and schedule home mode to start at a specific time during the weekdays. Thx.

Love our ring doorbell, but am absolutely shocked that there is no way to automatically turn on away mode each night and home mode each morning. There are dozens of requests here for this function and each has comments agreeing. Ring has smart programmers. Seems like this would be a no brainer.

Ring it seems to be a very requested function, to schedule Modes other camera systems have that feature already. I want to activate my “away” mode every night at a certain time. Then switch to home during the day.

1 Like

When I set the HOME mode so that it ignores motion for certain areas, it would be nice to either:

-Have the ability that it auto enables again in X number of hours
-Set a schedule so that everyday at 8pm it goes to AWAY mode so that if I change it but forgot to change it back, the system fixes it for me

I think this would be helpful.

Thanks

Agreed. They need to add this feature it would be so much better.

2 Likes

I would like to request a feature that allows me to set schedules for Modes for my Ring security cameras and doorbell cams. This feature is available for Alarms but not cameras.

Modes can currently be changed only manually for security cameras. The current scheduling feature only controls alerts, not when the camera records and uploads the video file to Ring. A problems occurs for me and likely many other users because the internet service has monthly data usage caps. My standard data cap is 1280 GB per month. Now that I have 3 cameras (recently added 2 more) that are constantly uploading video when my family is outside, each one uploads probably 50 or more videos per day. That is a LOT of data usage and pushes me over my internet service provider’s monthly data allotment.

While Modes allows me to manually turn on and off the system, I can’t remember to change the setting twice a day, every day, 365 days a year. This is the kind of problem that software is meant to fix. I only need recording (and video uploading) when no one is home, which is predicable and could be scheduled if the software allowed it.

There is no reason to waste my data recording my family. Please fix this. I regret purchasing Ring because of this and currently wouldn’t recommend it to anyone due to this issue.

1 Like

Yes, please add mode scheduling!!

1 Like

Hi there,

Just joined ring after my hive cameras packed up…… there does not seem a way to schedule mode changes at all on the device (cameras only installed)

I have found the motion alert function schedule but no way to automatically flip from home to away mode.

can we get this feature added please?

1 Like

Can you make it so you set a schedule to change from home to away, I set away at night but sometimes forget so my spot light cam does not record.

1 Like

It would be convenient if the mode could change automatically when I enter or leave the geofence, as an option.

shared my thoughts here: Is there any way to arm the ring camera automatically when outside the geofence?

2 Likes

Ring isn’t listening!

1 Like

I would like this too. Ability to schedule the camera to only record at night. I can schedule alerts but I want to schedule recording to save my battery and not record things I don’t want recorded.

2 Likes

Can Ring camera modes be scheduled.
I would like away mode for example to automatically come on at say 2200 hours, changing from say home mode.
Seems a simple enough thing to do surely, without having to play about with all individual camera settings etc.

1 Like