Mode schedule for Doorbells and Cameras

Let’s upvote this request folks. These are security cameras and it seems like it should be a basic, inherent feature to be able to schedule when the cameras are armed and disarmed. Without this, one has to remember to turn them on and off, or be bothered with unnecessary notifications etc. round the clock which also chews up battery power. Please upvote.

1 Like

Is there a way in the Ring App to use a schedule to switch modes? For example: automate switching to “Away” mode (so that all cameras are set to detect motion) at 11:00PM M-F.

If this isn’t available now, I think it would be a nice feature enhancment without too much development effort.

Thanks,

hi2meb AKA, Mike Brown in Yorba Linda, CA

I spoke to customer support and they said it isn’t available but we should request it as a feature. Let’s hope they listen get develop it soon :slight_smile:

+100 for this feature request

+1 as well. It would be great to automate the flip to a different mode based on a routine schedule (e.g. if I leave for work at 8 and get home at 6 it should auto flip from home to away based on that schedule so I don’t have to remember this - I’d also use this for night mode for a routine bedtime)

Then add in presence detection linked to my phone such that if I leave the house it auto switches for me to Away as well - again, make it a no brainer so I don’t have to actively manage my cameras all the time (I have enough to think about)

A scheduling function for Modes would be most helpful. I hope the folks at Ring can get this going. I haven’t seen anything about it in months.

Just want to give a feedback. If you can schedule the time of mode, that would be great. Like in the night after I sleep, I want all the cameras to work in away mode. But during daytime, I want them to work as home mode. If your software can make the switch automatically by a schedule set by me, that would be great.

This is a required feature. We have ring cameras downstairs and would like to activate them for motion detection during night time. An option to create Night mode and schedule when to activate is needed.

Is there a way to set timers or schedules for the different modes? We often set our cameras and chimes to Disarmed mode to suppress notifications during the day and then we forget to turn on the Home mode at night. It would be great to be able to have the Home mode turn on automatically at a specified time in case we forget to turn it on.

I’m wondering the same thing. I’d love to be able to set the different modes on a schedule! I hope Ring creates this feature soon.

Hi,

Riley_Ring has a post here on 12th May announcing this feature is being released: Feature Update: Schedule your Ring Alarm to Arm and Disarm Automatically - Welcome to the Ring Community / Ring Device Tips and How To’s - Ring Community

I’m in the UK and don’t have this yet as it’s slow rolling but hopefully we all get it soon.

Hello - recently enabled the Modes feature…which is a great new addition!

Please can you consider adding a feature to remind a user to unset the “disarm” mode if it’s been active for a certain time…this will make sure that Disarm is not left on by mistake. Be great if the remind option was user configurable…disarm for 1/2/4 hours, etc.

Thanks, Nick

This is a great idea. This was the reason I came to the community to suggest this option. When working outside (spring cleanup) I disarm the 4 outdoor cameras so I don’t constantly trigger the alarms. Twice in the past 3 weeks, I forgot to rearm them. I think a disarm, with snooze (like we for motion snooze on individual cameras) would be great. Or, evan a global snooze where all cameras won’t repsond to motion for 1, 2, or 4 hours.

1 Like

Just the idea I came on to post. I have camera’s all round my house and I use the disarm option to stop motion recording on the garden camera when we’re outside to save battery.

However there have been several times I’ve gone to bed and it’s just been left on disarm because I forgot to set it to home again.

I would like to see what you suggested to disarm for a set period of time or a hard coded option to change mode automatically at a set time e.g 10pm

1 Like

Yes we need this I had this on my old system from adt

1 Like

I agree, I often go to bed and forget to turn off the disarm mode. The problem is I only use disarm mode because RING hasn’t figured out how to have one button on the ring app that snoozes alerts on both my phone and ALEXA devises. When I hit snooze on the ring app, my ALEXA’s continue to announce motion. I don’t care if it records me outside all the time, in fact I’d prefer it to always be recording, I just want to easily be able to snooze alerts on EVERYTHING with one simple button on the ring app. This will also solve the issue of leaving it in disarm mode because I won’t need to disarm anything, just snooze it. Having said that, it would still be nice to have a reminder to rearm RING devices so you know you are safe at night. Thank you!

1 Like

There definitely needs the option to arm and disarm completely on a schedule. Scheduling on the cameras only allows for notification scheduling and not completely ON/OFF like ARM/DISARM scheduling. This is something so basic in my opinion, it should have been an inherent feature, and not an enhancement. Ring, please make this happen. Thanks

1 Like

Now that Ring implemented arm/disarm scheduling for the alarm system based on overwhelming feedback and votes, can those of us that have cameras and doorbells likewise upvote this request? I, for one, like being able to Arm (Home Mode) at night, and Disarm the cameras, during day, and having this same feature for the cameras and doorbells makes total sense and should be a simple implementation given Ring has already done this very same thing for the alarm systems. (Note, currently you can NOT do this with Motion Scheduling which only turns off motion alerts, but does not turn off recording.)

Please comment and upvote if you agree! Thanks!

This is needed badly. Absolutely ridiculous that they only brought this feature for the Ring Alarm System. As if people that have Ring doorbells and cameras have no use for this. Well I am here to say that there is a use for this with the video doorbells and cameras. Eg. If I know I’m going to be outside for awhile I want to disarm the camera so I don’t 1. Get a ton of notifications and 2. have a bunch of useless recordings of myself or my family. I disarm the camera, and I will forget to rearm or set to away. Support’s answer is you should use Motion Snooze. I don’t want to use Motion Snooze, because again, I don’t want to silently record myself and my family with loads of useless video clips. Now if they have a motion recording snooze, I could see that being useful. But instead there are neither scheduled arming nor motion recording snooze. Blink already has this function for their cameras and it works great.

1 Like

@trailblazer15 Thanks for your comments. Of course, I agree. And it would seem like a simple addition. I often think many suggestions on the Feature Request Board are sort of “bells and whistles” types of requests, but something like would seem to be a core feature right off the bat. Hopefully others will upvote this and give it some traction. Thanks again.