Missing (but active) Motion Schedules

In the last few days some of our Motion Schedules have disappeared from the iOS / iPad OS app, for our Floodlight Cam (2nd gen) and our Video Doorbell 3 Plus.
Whilst this would be frustrating, what makes the issue worse was that one was enabled (which is only used occasionally) and it can not be disabled as it no longer show in the app.
This is stopping us from receiving “Motion Alerts” on the Floodlight Cam.
When trying to switch the “Motion Alerts” toggle in the app a pop up appears stating that a “Motion Schedule” is in use and enabling “Motion Alerts” will disable the “Motion Schedule”, when agreed to nothing happens and the “Motion Allerts” remain off.
The “Motion Schedule” is clearly still there and enabled as the “Motion Allerts” disable and enable based on the time in the [hidden] “Motion Schedule”.
So the issue is that we have no access to most of our “Motion Schedules” and one is enabled, which we can not see or disable.

UPDATE: 05/09/2023 - just updated iOS app to latest version (5.64.0) and motion schedules are still not showing. I was hoping this update may have fixed the issue, but no luck so far.

6 Likes

I have the same problem. I have tried removing the device from the app, also deleted the app and reinstalled. No joy. I see a similar thing happed in Oct’22 and it requires a software fix in the app.

1 Like

Having the exact same issue with our indoor cam. I’ve deleted the app, removed/re-added the device, renamed the device, created new motion schedule and nothing. Still saying it’s active and hidden. Modes don’t affect it either. Hoping this is just a bug that needs to be fixed because we are not getting any alerts at the moment

We’ve got the same problem. The motion schedule is still active but when I went to deactivate it yesterday, it doesn’t appear. Very annoying!

1 Like

In order to gather the necessary details to investigate this issue, please reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here. You can also get in touch with our support team via Facebook or Twitter @Ring by sending a private message. If you have already contacted support about this concern, you don’t need to reach back out. We appreciate your patience as our team looks into this further.

Same issue happening with my Ring products. Very frustrating and waiting for a solid resolution. Glad to see others are having the issue and not just me.

2 Likes

Caitlin,
Thanks for the advice, however I am not on Facebook and I no longer user X/Twitter (since Elon Musk decided to change it into some form of internet finance company).
I will try to reach out to our national support line, however I don’t think there is anything that they can suggest that most people responding have not already done. This appears to be because of a change on the Ring App/back end systems not something on the end user side.
Thanks

1 Like

Have the same problem and as it’s being mentioned the ring phone support can only suggest solution that has already been tried. Talk with you twice now. Must be a backend problem when you moved/changed the motion schedule. My cameras that did not have the motion schedule activated has no problem, but all with an active schedule is not giving me any notification.would be really nice if you could come up with some information how you work with this problem / doing to find a solution.

1 Like

I have a spotlight cam, battery operated, for which I created a motion schedule. I can no longer turn off the schedule and turn-on motion alerts. I have deleted the app and reinstalled, rebooted my phone, etc. I even deleted the motion schedule, but the Ring app believes it is still there and asks me if I want to turn off the schedule when I try and turn on the alerts (to no avail). I cannot find any active schedule, but it insists I have one. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 Like

Im having the same issue and i called support. They weren’t any help. All they did was tell me to try everything I’ve already done. I just wanted them to delete the schedule from the back end. It’s weird they have access to our videos but not our schedules.

1 Like

I also have exactly the same problem and have done everything mentioned above. Clearly an issue with the backend systems and I was told that it is a known problem. No idea though when it will be fixed. Most frustrating, considering that I am paying for this service (not a lot admittedly) but can’t get alerts now during the daytime.

1 Like

+1. I have the same problem. I configured a set of motion schedules a long time ago. When I go to the app now, they don’t show up. So I can’t toggle them on/off. Mysteriously, two motion schedules do show up, on two of the devices. But the other motion schedules are hidden.
The hidden motion schedules are active though. As people are saying above, when I try to toggle motion alerts on/off, I get the warning about how this’ll disable the motion schedules. I get that warning for devices where there are 0 motion schedules showing up in the app.
Ring, you need to fix the app. This is clearly broken.

1 Like

I have a video doorbell 3 and until recently everything was working fine. However ive noticed that my motion schedule has dissappeared from the motion schedules tab in my app, this causes 2 problems

1. My motion alerts are still activating / deactivating as if a schedule is in effect.

2. I’m unable to switch alerts on manually during the day because when I try i get a pop up message saying that theres a scedule in effect that is preventing alerts from being activated.

So far I’ve reset the doorbell, removed it from my account and re added reset my app, deleted the cache and all data. But nothing has solved this issue.
Any help would be appreciated

1 Like

Hi,
Im the owner.
Im unable to turn motion settings on because the app tells me that there’s a schedule preventing it, it then gives me the option to turn off the schedule, however immediately after I click turn off, the motion setting reverts back to its original state (Disabled)

1 Like

Hi neighbors. Thank you for sharing this information. Rest assured that our team is investigating and working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. When we receive an update regarding this concern, we will make sure to post it here. You can also give our support team a call to have a ticket created for this concern and receive an email when it has been fixed. In the meantime, I will be marking this response as a temporary solution for others to easily find this information. Thank you for your time and patience.

Not sure how you can mark that response a solution since I still have the problem?

2 Likes

My Spotlight Cam Battery suddenly stopped sending me motion alerts. When I try to enable Motion Alerts in the app, it asks if I want to turn off my Motion Schedule (I have no motion schedule set in any mode ) ; I tell it “yes” and then in the Device screen the Motion Alert switch magically slides back to “off”.

I have rebooted the device and my phone; nothing works.

Anyone have any advice?

2 Likes

One of my ring cameras won’t let me turn on motion alerts. It keeps saying there is a schedule set, but when I check, there is no schedule set. It turns on motion notifications at night and turns them off during the day and I can’t turn them back on no matter what i do.

1 Like

same here, very annoying and means the device doesn’t work as intended

1 Like

I have the same problem. 2 of my 4 cameras can’t turn on motion alerts because of phantom motion schedules!! Please fix.

1 Like