Micro SD Card for Storage

Feature suggestion just to add capability for up to 256GB or so for storage space separate from paid subcription for cloud storage. Just give people the choice, would be nice.

3 Likes

Yes please add memory card function. Lost internet connection for period of time and no way of knowing what occurred.

Where I would want to put the Ring doorbell is in a location with very slow internet and having it upload constantly would bog down the internet and not productive for anyone using the internet. Having a SD card to save the video would give this the push for me to purchase it rather then going to look at another device that has this feature.

Ring please respond to comments about feature requests, so we know your acknowledging customer desires.

I’d love to see the ability to use Micro SD Card for storage in each device. Cheers!

Check out the Ring Alarm Pro base station.

For those of who use Ring to monitor our short term rental property, this feature would help us catch bad behavior even if the internet or wifi is down (and I had a group deliberately disable the wifi for this very reason).

do not use ring alarm pro for locally stored videos. you will not be able to back them up. they are all encrypted even if you dont want them to be. very slow playback and impossible batch downloads.